Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacob1212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2010
Currently I have an iPhone 5 with a two-tone wood skin on it by Woodly. While it is beautiful it won't fit on my soon to be iPhone 5S. Also getting the new 5S won't work with the cool wooden home button that Woodly gives you. I more protection so I am looking for suggestions on wood cases (not skins).

I like Grove but wow is it pricy. I like Woodly too but they don't have anything up for the 5S yet. I like the look of Root but their products are all made in China.

Anyone out there have any suggestions.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Currently I have an iPhone 5 with a two-tone wood skin on it by Woodly. While it is beautiful it won't fit on my soon to be iPhone 5S. Also getting the new 5S won't work with the cool wooden home button that Woodly gives you. I more protection so I am looking for suggestions on wood cases (not skins).

I like Grove but wow is it pricy. I like Woodly too but they don't have anything up for the 5S yet. I like the look of Root but their products are all made in China.

Yes. Avoid wood.

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia

Try element cases's ronin series? They have bocote wood or bamboo

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Yes. Avoid wood.

Lol. But seriously, Twig cases are great. Looks like wood but much more durable. I have one and dropped my Iphone 5 and nothing happened. Took it off to use a Spigen bumper and the first time my phone dropped the bumper popped right off and I ended up with a pretty good ding in the corner. I would think that the Twig Iphone 5 cases would work with the 5s but I don't know. Perhaps MysteryDate would know that.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Lol. But seriously, Twig cases are great. Looks like wood but much more durable. I have one and dropped my Iphone 5 and nothing happened. Took it off to use a Spigen bumper and the first time my phone dropped the bumper popped right off and I ended up with a pretty good ding in the corner. I would think that the Twig Iphone 5 cases would work with the 5s but I don't know. Perhaps MysteryDate would know that.

I'm waiting to hear back from Mr. Cook as we speak!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.