Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clintbeastwood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
hi everyone

so I've been having wifi issues since beta 5 and I've figured out what the problem is but it still seems as though it hasn't been fixed in the GM, I know its a GM but this is what apparently is being flashed onto the 5C and 5S as we speak and without some major crippling issue this is going to be final version

okay so anyways onto the problem, now I'm not sure if it did this in ios 6 but when you lock the phone the wifi turns off and still sends you push notifications (somehow) and reconnects when you unlock your phone. the problem with ios 7 is they have apparently dropped the wifi signal strength quite a bit and thus not allowing my phone to reconnect when I unlock it

I live in a large house and do quite a bit of work from the same spot on a daily basis and back when I was on ios 6 a few different neighborhood networks would show up including mine every single time, those are all gone now and I usually have to walk half way across my house for my phone to pick up the signal and reconnect

I'm assuming they have done this to save battery life but its really an annoying issue as I have to leave my phone charging at all times

I've tried resetting network settings, manually joining my network, restoring the phone multiple times and this problem still exists

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.