PDA

View Full Version : Htc one / moto x

Darryjr
Sep 11, 2013, 01:30 PM
After the great announcement yesterday, the title above says it all. Apple products are a joke and will never understand the followers. Always sating upgrade or wait till next iPhone?. You could wait till iPhone 10 and still won't get what you want. Poor poor people,

saving107
Sep 11, 2013, 01:33 PM
-1 iPhone user.

Apple will crumble now.

R.Stoychev
Sep 11, 2013, 01:35 PM
What's the point of this threads, why are you asking here on iphone forum about android phones :D

ucfgrad93
Sep 11, 2013, 01:36 PM
You could wait till iPhone 10 and still won't get what you want. Poor poor people,

So, the millions of people who buy iPhones don't get what they want?:rolleyes:

It is nice to have choices. And people make choices based on what they need. So spare us your faux pity, because they don't all choose Android.

saving107
What's the point of this threads, why are you asking here on iphone forum about android phones :D

Attention seeker, thats all.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/129/386/latest-meme.jpg?1307037600

the8thark
You could wait till iPhone 10 and still won't get what you want. Poor poor people,

Apple gives us what we need. With no useless gimmicks we think we want.

ucfgrad93
Sep 11, 2013, 01:37 PM

That and they want people to validate their choice of phone. It is quite sad.

njchris
Sep 11, 2013, 02:37 PM
It's funny with these type of threads and comments people have sprinkled throughout....

It's an either/or situation. One is garbage, the other is perfect. No in-between. Not, I like this phone but wish it had xxx..

So many posts of "Apple(or Android or whatever) is garbage! nothing redeeming! NOTHING!"

If the iPhone (or Android) isn't your cup of tea for whatever reason, go get what works for you.. be happy... why does it matter what other people have? :D

Darryjr
Sep 11, 2013, 02:47 PM

Image (http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/129/386/latest-meme.jpg?1307037600)
Nope, not attention seeker. I was with apple for a few years and my family is all apple. I just think its funny how you read these forums you have so many apple users complaining and speaking about should I get the 5 or wait for the 6? Apparently there are a lot of users not satisfied. Switch to a high end android for a while, maybe 8 years or so, than try back at apple and see if they have what you are looking for. This latest release is a JOKE, hopefully people will finally realize what they are looking for will not come soon. Another year goes by and apple is still behind android. Forget the android gimmicks, there are a few I admit, but in general behind. Wow, fingerprint scanner, wow, camera upgrade, wow,pull up notification, REALLY, that's all you get? Yet, they will sell millions and people will still complain. Perfect......Innovation.......Please..

rockitdog
Sep 11, 2013, 02:50 PM
If the OP likes sub-par cameras then the HTC One & Moto X are perfect for him!!

Darryjr
Sep 11, 2013, 03:04 PM
If the OP likes sub-par cameras then the HTC One & Moto X are perfect for him!!

A phone has a lot of uses besides camera. The moto x camera is terrible, the HTC isn't too bad, a few tweaks and pictures come close to my wife's iPhone 5. Admittedly, apple does have a nice camera. See, I can admit when apple shines, unfortunately there aren't too many areas where they shine.

Troneas
Sep 11, 2013, 03:04 PM

this thread is a total waste of time but this statement is also ridiculous.

no one asked for or "needed" a 64 bit processor. processing speed in high end smartphones has become so powerful that, at this point, adding more cores, bits, clock speed, etc. is just to say "look! my phone tops the charts!".

no one asked for a fingerprint sensor. up until now everyone was doing just fine unlocking their phones with a password - and i doubt android users will flock to the iphone right away because of this gimmick.

looking back, no one asked for siri. i suppose there are a few who use this feature often and some who use it occasionally, but how many will really miss it if it weren't there?

what people really wanted is something like control center - which took apple years to deliver.

the8thark
Sep 11, 2013, 03:17 PM
this thread is a total waste of time but this statement is also ridiculous.

no one asked for or "needed" a 64 bit processor. processing speed in high end smartphones has become so powerful that, at this point, adding more cores, bits, clock speed, etc. is just to say "look! my phone tops the charts!".

no one asked for a fingerprint sensor. up until now everyone was doing just fine unlocking their phones with a password - and i doubt android users will flock to the iphone right away because of this gimmick.

looking back, no one asked for siri. i suppose there are a few who use this feature often and some who use it occasionally, but how many will really miss it if it weren't there?

what people really wanted is something like control center - which took apple years to deliver.

No one asked for a 64 bit Mac but we are all glad we have it. Same deal for a phone.

Given enough time people will be like "how did I ever live without the print scanner".

People did ask for better and better ways to access their iOS devices. And Apple's answer was Siri.

Control centre finally came right? All good things comes to those who are patient.

rockitdog
Sep 11, 2013, 03:28 PM
A phone has a lot of uses besides camera. The moto x camera is terrible, the HTC isn't too bad, a few tweaks and pictures come close to my wife's iPhone 5. Admittedly, apple does have a nice camera. See, I can admit when apple shines, unfortunately there aren't too many areas where they shine.

I tried the HTC one but I don't trust HTC to deliver software updates. They're flagship device is still running Android 4.1 (with the exception of Verizon One owners) which for all intensive purposes is already outdated. 4.4 is already starting to be introduced and HTC has shown no signs of when an OS update may come.

Darryjr
Sep 11, 2013, 03:32 PM
I tried the HTC one but I don't trust HTC to deliver software updates. They're flagship device is still running Android 4.1 (with the exception of Verizon One owners) which for all intensive purposes is already outdated. 4.4 is already starting to be introduced and HTC has shown no signs of when an OS update may come.

Will shall see how the updates go, they say 4.3 is coming before the end of the month.

Troneas
Sep 11, 2013, 04:03 PM
No one asked for a 64 bit Mac but we are all glad we have it. Same deal for a phone.

Given enough time people will be like "how did I ever live without the print scanner".

People did ask for better and better ways to access their iOS devices. And Apple's answer was Siri.

Control centre finally came right? All good things comes to those who are patient.

why are you glad to have a 64 bit processor? how will it change how you use your phone every day? the majority of people who will go buy the new iphone will have no clue 1. that their phone has a 64 bit processor, and 2. what a 64 bit processor is and what it does. and even the most demanding games will still run great on the iphone 5 and even on the iphone 4S - nevermind the common daily apps such as flipboard, soundhound etc.

yes, siri was the answer. and much criticised it was/is. laughed at, even.

and following your line of thought then good things come nowadays much faster to non-apple phones, since control center has been available in android for years - as well as other features now implemented by apple:

http://androidandme.com/2013/09/opinions/the-new-iphones-one-part-samsung-two-parts-motorola-and-a-dash-of-htc/

Darryjr
Sep 11, 2013, 05:57 PM
why are you glad to have a 64 bit processor? how will it change how you use your phone every day? the majority of people who will go buy the new iphone will have no clue 1. that their phone has a 64 bit processor, and 2. what a 64 bit processor is and what it does. and even the most demanding games will still run great on the iphone 5 and even on the iphone 4S - nevermind the common daily apps such as flipboard, soundhound etc.

yes, siri was the answer. and much criticised it was/is. laughed at, even.

and following your line of thought then good things come nowadays much faster to non-apple phones, since control center has been available in android for years - as well as other features now implemented by apple:

http://androidandme.com/2013/09/opinions/the-new-iphones-one-part-samsung-two-parts-motorola-and-a-dash-of-htc/

Love the link, perfect,lol.

Hankster
Sep 11, 2013, 08:54 PM
Why are people bashing people who want a different phone? What is wrong with options? Honestly, some if you need to grow up. Besides, this is in the non-iOS board. The only reason to bash non-iOS users is if you're a troll.

I've been using the iPhone since the 3GS and have spent thousands on Apple products. I'm moving to the HTC One. You got a problem with that? What? A person can't change and use something else? Should we all wear the same clothes and drive the same car?

Get over yourselves. You give Apple users a bad name.

T5BRICK
Sep 11, 2013, 09:11 PM
I like my HTC One. The camera and the HTC software release schedule sucks, but it a easy to unlock and install whichever ROM you'd like. Currently I'm running one based on Cyanogenmod 10.2/android 4.3.

I'm typing this from my iPad mini which I really like, but I have to say I was also disappointed by the iPhone 5c and 5s.

the8thark
Sep 11, 2013, 11:02 PM

Apple never do things first (for the most part) Apple choose to do things right.

Brittany246
Sep 12, 2013, 10:23 AM
After the great announcement yesterday, the title above says it all. Apple products are a joke and will never understand the followers. Always sating upgrade or wait till next iPhone?. You could wait till iPhone 10 and still won't get what you want. Poor poor people,

Your condescending attitude is kind of disgusting. The fact that you even care what someone else chooses to buy with their own money is kind of sad. It's just a phone, and you're not better or smarter than someone who decides to buy an iPhone. Everybody has their own preferences, and not everybody prefers Android believe it or not. Worry about yourself, because nobody wants your sympathy.

T5BRICK
Sep 12, 2013, 10:32 AM
Apple never do things first (for the most part) Apple choose to do things right.

Apple Maps? ;)

the8thark
Sep 12, 2013, 11:51 AM
Apple Maps? ;)

Yep eventually it came good. I even removed google maps from my iPad.

If you'd have said the puck mouse or ping or the G4 cube I would have agreed with you as those were crap. But Apple maps is getting very good.

T5BRICK
Sep 12, 2013, 12:25 PM
But Apple maps is getting very good.

I guess it depends on where you live. Google maps is far more accurate and returns better search results for me. But they certainly didn't get it right when it was released.

Liquorpuki
Sep 12, 2013, 05:59 PM

lol... the parallax effect in iOS7 is as gimmicky and useless as Samsung's eye scroll

Oohara
Sep 12, 2013, 06:04 PM
lol... the parallax effect in iOS7 is as gimmicky and useless as Samsung's eye scroll

Nothing wrong with things that look good tbh. Unless it creates lag or kills the battery of course.

lsutigerfan1976
Sep 13, 2013, 04:04 AM

I know we have to see if its true. But they have already stated that all htc ones will have 4.3 by the end of the month. And there is already leaks of 4.3 available. So I don't what you mean by no signs they will provide updates.

Twixt
Sep 13, 2013, 04:31 AM

You do not know what you need in terms of innovation unless a company offers more power/features so as to change your state of mind and usage (generic you).
By only managing spec bumps apple does not offer you anything except what you already have (this fingerprint scan could bring new usages but will not be a revolution)

What would change the game?
- flexible screen / folding screen
- fuel cell battery / motion auto charging
- holograpic interface

the8thark
Sep 13, 2013, 09:13 AM
You do not know what you need in terms of innovation unless a company offers more power/features so as to change your state of mind and usage (generic you).
By only managing spec bumps apple does not offer you anything except what you already have (this fingerprint scan could bring new usages but will not be a revolution)

What would change the game?
- flexible screen / folding screen
- fuel cell battery / motion auto charging
- holograpic interface

This is not true. Needs of people never change. The way these needs re fulfilled change over time though with new technology. Being able to effectively communicate with others has been a human need since caveman times. Today people need better and better phones for this.
Another good example is recording our own personal history. A need of people. Caveman used rock art to do so and today we use cameras. And making one of the cameras people always have on them (iPhone) even better helps us a lot.

Game changers are the stuff that makes the needs of people better fulfilled.

----------

Use iOS7 (GM) for 6 months the get back to me on that one.

Liquorpuki
Sep 13, 2013, 01:26 PM
Use iOS7 (GM) for 6 months the get back to me on that one.

Too late, I already jumped ship

To me iOS7 a reskin of iOS6, inspired by My Little Pony, with some marginal improvements and attempts at feature parity, 90% of the hype is due to marketing

But I'm curious anyway, what makes you feel this parallax feature is not a gimmick?

the8thark
Sep 14, 2013, 06:37 AM
Too late, I already jumped ship

To me iOS7 a reskin of iOS6, inspired by My Little Pony, with some marginal improvements and attempts at feature parity, 90% of the hype is due to marketing

But I'm curious anyway, what makes you feel this parallax feature is not a gimmick?

Well enjoy your andriod (if that's even possible). And not everything that looks pretty is a gimmick. Apple is about form and function. There is no law saying good looking software is functionally useless. Actually enjoying the experience os a big part of any device to me. And if parallax can do that for me, then all the better for it.

If no one thought a good UI was important, we'd still be stuck with pure command lines and dos and that stuff.

musika
Sep 14, 2013, 07:00 AM
Apple products are a joke and will never understand the followers.

Everything I saw bumped in the 5s is exactly what I was hoping they'd do (besides battery being roughly the same).

I wouldn't say that they don't understand their followers, maybe they don't understand you, but oh well, you're not really a follower anymore, I think.

lsutigerfan1976
Sep 14, 2013, 08:01 AM
Everything I saw bumped in the 5s is exactly what I was hoping they'd do (besides battery being roughly the same).

I wouldn't say that they don't understand their followers, maybe they don't understand you, but oh well, you're not really a follower anymore, I think.

I would say in general i would agree with you. With IOS 7 and the new iphone. Everything an average phone user should want is included with the new phone/os. Plus new features also (That were mainly on other platforms such as android/webos etc.) are now available to Apple users. The only thing missing is the bigger screen. And since Apple is into incremental changes, that will probably, (Hopefully for Apple users) be coming with the next version. Of course i can see why they haven't introduced the bigger screen. I mean once they do that, what else do they have left to wow people with?

otismotive77
Sep 14, 2013, 08:14 AM
HTC one is the best android phone right now, but wait till the one max some big improvements are coming:D

Hankster
Sep 14, 2013, 01:05 PM
HTC one is the best android phone right now, but wait till the one max some big improvements are coming:D

The HTC One and the HTC Max are different devices. The Max is much larger and is a tablet/phone. Both are separate devices and shouldn't be compared.

otismotive77
Sep 15, 2013, 10:33 AM
The HTC One and the HTC Max are different devices. The Max is much larger and is a tablet/phone. Both are separate devices and shouldn't be compared.

(although bigger)the one max would be an updated ONE (htc confirmed this)