PDA

View Full Version : Not realy sleeping...

Camille
Nov 24, 2005, 04:46 PM
Hi all!
Well, my Imac G5 (not the one with front row) has a problem...
After the screen saver, it normaly needs to sleep, and its light is supposed to fade in & fade out, and make less noise...
Well it does the screenn saver, but then the screen turns black, the light turns on, but it doesn't fade out! + the computer doesn't make less noise, sow it looks like my computer doesn't even sleep!

Please help me, I am realy worried.
Thank you

dops7107
Nov 24, 2005, 04:52 PM
Hi all!
Well, my Imac G5 (not the one with front row) has a problem...
After the screen saver, it normaly needs to sleep, and its light is supposed to fade in & fade out, and make less noise...
Well it does the screenn saver, but then the screen turns black, the light turns on, but it doesn't fade out! + the computer doesn't make less noise, sow it looks like my computer doesn't even sleep!

Please help me, I am realy worried.
Thank you

How much time are you giving it to go to sleep? Look in the Energy Saver preferences. Check to see if it will go to sleep at all by pressing Apple-Alt-Eject at the same time.

thomasp
Nov 24, 2005, 04:58 PM
It sounds like you've just set the display to sleep in the system prefs, not the computer itself.

EricNau
Nov 24, 2005, 05:39 PM
Under energy saver prefs, check your sliders. One says "put display to sleep" and one says "put computer to sleep." Right now, only your display is going to sleep, not your computer.

Camille
Nov 25, 2005, 06:23 PM
Thanks you guys!