PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Note 3, not too amused by any of iPhone 5C or 5S

syedrizvi21
Sep 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
I have been waiting for apple to do some serious upgrade, don't get me wrong, i am an avid apple fan and I have all the apple gadgets, I got iPhone 4 the day it came out as it was the best upgrade since the original iPhone. I didnt like 4s, 5 and now 5c and 5s has just made me go towards something else.

I did see the note 3 video on youtube and it just blew me away, apple is no longer the same company, its all about $$$ for them now.

Anyways, wanted to share and know how many other people are going that route?

adildacoolset
Sep 11, 2013, 03:30 PM
So are you implying that only the modern apple was into the $$$ only? They always were. And so are Samsung. And the rest of the industry as well.

Anyways, hope you enjoy your new device.

alent1234
Sep 11, 2013, 03:32 PM
samsung hates money which is why its $299 here in the USA

the8thark
Sep 11, 2013, 03:32 PM
Business = customers treated as $$$. Samsung and Apple are both the same in this as is every other business in the world.

And enjoy your ugly android.

EM2013
Sep 11, 2013, 03:39 PM
Lmao another troll

Ann P
Sep 11, 2013, 03:44 PM
I did see the note 3 video on youtube and it just blew me away, apple is no longer the same company, its all about $$$ for them now.

Anyways, wanted to share and know how many other people are going that route?

It's always about the money. :confused:

syedrizvi21
Sep 11, 2013, 03:46 PM
i understand every company wants to make $$$ but there should be some innovation with it...

Please wake up, what are you getting for the same price?

Retina display? give me a break (OLED displays are kicking ass)
finger print, no one cares.

IOS is something where I wanted the upgrade to be, be able to attach files to emails, or have a folder there. I do not want to rely on cydia or jailbreak to be able to enjoy my phone and slows down the phone.

hillbilly181
Sep 11, 2013, 03:47 PM
its just a phone brah. i wouldnt even think about getting another phone. even if they surpass iphone features wise and were faster, higher mp cameras etc. iphone is the definition of phone. here in la every phone i see pulled out is an iphone. when marimba goes off errbody be checkin they phonez

virginblue4
Sep 11, 2013, 03:49 PM
i understand every company wants to make $$$ but there should be some innovation with it...

IOS is something where I wanted the upgrade to be, be able to attach files to emails, or have a folder there. I do not want to rely on cydia or jailbreak to be able to enjoy my phone and slows down the phone.

Have you seen the colour reproduction on the OLED displays compared to the iPhone display? Apparently not, or you wouldn't be saying it is 'kicking ass'.

How do you know that nobody cares about the finger print scanner (Touch ID)? Do you represent the entire world? I'd say this is innovation, at least in my book.

iOS 7 is a major upgrade giving iOS devices lots more functionality. You can attach files in emails by the way.

Anyway, enjoy your Note 3 :rolleyes:

CEmajr
Sep 11, 2013, 03:50 PM
Good thing there are options. Good luck with your Note 3, you'll be back.

Personally I don't see anything so innovative about the Note 3 that would make Note 2 owners feel like they HAVE to have it.

12vElectronics
Sep 11, 2013, 03:51 PM
Why does everyone moving to Android feel like they need to share it with the world. Goodluck and enjoy it, but no one really cares..

Ann P
Sep 11, 2013, 03:55 PM

I'm awake, and I'm aware that I can get an Samsung S4 for roughly the same price but I choose not to. No other OS gives me the same experience as iOS (And I've tried them all). Note 3? No thanks. Not everyone wants a phablet. If you prefer Android, Windows, a difference phone, etc...more power to you. That's why we have choices.

ohenriquez
Sep 11, 2013, 04:21 PM
I tried a Galaxy note, but I got stuck with an old OS. It did not get the update. It was nice at the beginning but the novelty wore off and I found it too bulky and inconvenient. The screen size was also not ideal for prolonged use anyway. When I wanted to use screen for long periods of time, I used my MBA anyway.
It is a nice handset suitable for many people, but not for me for various reasons. If I was able to get updates, I would have kept it
Fragmentation is not nice and at least with an iPhone, the updates are smooth and 90% of users are entitled to the update. :apple:

iz2sick
Sep 11, 2013, 04:27 PM

1) Nobody is innovating a damn thing. Every single cell phone on the market is at a plateau right now. There's only evolutions, no revolutions. The fact that Apple is the first to put a 64bit chips in a mobile phone is actually a bigger deal than most people realize. Sure, it won't be useful until developers get on board and start coding for it, but that's not the real point is it? The real point is that Apple now has a mobile chip with 64bit processing. Think real hard for a second where those chips can go in the future. Also think about the implications for the competitors. Even Droid fanboys should be appreciative because now Apple has set the stage for a cellphone market rushing to implement 64 bit chips with more ram.

2) Retina Display is still one of the most crisp and beautiful looking screens on the market. The competition has all caught up to it now. At this point, it's about subjectivity. Your eyes can only discern so much pixel density. OLEDS are gorgeous too. But they don't look good for everything in my opinion. I don't like their vividness when it comes to videos or certain pictures. But for others, the vivid colors look awesome like in video games or cartoons.

3) Fingerprint? Yea, it's more for "Oh, that's a bit convenient to have... why not?"

I say this constantly and I'll repeat myself yet again... if Samsung took these exact features and components and shoved them into a brand new phone with a big screen, people would be praising them. I suspect the major reason people hate on the 5S (and previous S models at that) is because it isn't a new shell or bigger screen. If bigger screens and redesigned shells are your major concern, then say it. Don't claim that you want innovation in a market where no one is innovating anymore. Kind of hard to innovate when we have all these new features that need time to evolve.

-js-
Sep 11, 2013, 05:04 PM

What am I getting for the same price?

A phone with a 64 bit processor--almost certainly the most powerful processor in any cell phone in the world at this point. iOS, with it's wonderful user experience--for me--to my taste. Finger print sensor--WHICH I CARE ABOUT. And I'm not alone. Some of us think it's nice. I like the idea. I like where it could go. Retina display--it's also very nice. It's on a par with OLED. OLED are not "kicking ass" over Retina. Some may prefer them. That's fine. Choice is good.

And if you want more flexibility and configurability than iOS offers you, then you'll chose something else. And if you want a LARGER screen, then you'll chose something else.

But to turn your PREFERENCES into objective UNIVERSALS is kind of obnoxious.

I DON'T WANT a larger screen. I hope that I always have the choice of a screen NO LARGER than the 5/5C/5S. I don't want a 6" screen! Personally, I'd be just fine with a phone no larger than the 4 and 4S, for the foreseeable future. It fits MY preferences and usage patterns.

And I DON'T WANT to tinker with my phone and customize it, overclock it, have folders and laptop/desktop functionality to it, and so on. I fight with technology all day (or evening or graveyard shift). I want my personal laptop, desktop, tablet, and cell phone to be as reliable and stable and functional and beautiful and elegant and inter-operable as possible. Apple gives me that.

I chose Apple. I'm fully awake. I'm just making a different choice for different reasons than you. There's no need to insult or belittle me for these.

The problem, I suspect, is OFTEN (but not always) that Apple hardware IS so awesome. The fit, the form, the function, the quality, the overall design, the reliability, the elegance. It's freaking AWESOME.

And this SOMETIMES (but not always, by any stretch) attracts people who are really more in the Linux / Android / hacker camp. (Hacker in the positive, awesome sense of someone who gets inside the OS and firmware and hardware and protocols and knows what they're doing--or is in the process of learning--and wants to tinker and learn and adjust and customize and develop.) And these people are VERY annoyed at the nature of Apple's ecosystem, and the very limited amount of hardware choice within it.

So they get angry with Apple. They want a 6" screen on their iPhone. They want iOS, but they want it to be NOT-iOS at the same time. They want to have it all.

I understand. I mean, don't we all?

But it's unrealistic. Apple got to where it is by understanding what a large percentage of the user base WANTED and NEEDED from their tech. And they MET that need.

And they're not going to change course now just because their high quality hardware and amazing success have others wishing that they would do things differently.

So, I sincerely hope that you enjoy your Note 3! But I am grateful that Apple is NOT "amusing" you with their 5S and 5C, because they are PLEASING me (and many many others) greatly with their products and philosophy. And I'm quite sure that they can't please both of us. So your loss is my gain.

Bye bye!

maximus96
Sep 11, 2013, 05:19 PM
And enjoy your ugly android.

I dunno about that...you know, glass house, stones...
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/iphone_5c_hands-on_sg_141-580x359.jpg

http://lghttp.16708.nexcesscdn.net/80849A/spigen/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/a/galaxy_note_3_case_neo_hybrid-metal_slate.jpg

mpayne2k
Sep 11, 2013, 05:28 PM
I went through the same thought process last fall. The iPhone 5 came out and I had a 4 ready to upgrade with AT&T. I seriously considered the newly announced Note II (only option at the time I liked) before deciding to stick with Apple one more contract and got the 5. I really couldn't be happier. The 5, IMHO is still a killer phone and I am not threatened or feel left out by the "features" added on the 5s.

I will, however, go through a similar thought process next upgrade, sometime around the next iPhone release (iPhone 6!?)...when I'm eligible again.

Around Sept/Oct/Nov of 2014, here are the phones I'll probably consider besides the iPhone 6:

-Galaxy Note IV (should be out by then, right?)
-Galaxy S5 or V (again, this thing should be out by next summer)
-Any unforseen Samsung phone that isn't a S line or Note line phone
-HTC One 2 (or the next better build quality HTC, assuming they are around)
-Moto X-2 (meh, dunno how this thing will fare)
-Nexus 5/or 6 perhaps (interested to see what Google will push through)

So, reasons I'll likely leave the apple stable in 2014 are:

-iPhone 6 is released with 4" screen (ie, not bigger than current)
-iOS 7/8 are still stale and my tastes have shifted fully to Android by then
-iPhone 6 doesn't blow my mind (looking at you Samsung!!!)

appleisking
Sep 11, 2013, 05:30 PM

You apparently don't know the difference between on contract/subsidized and full price.

LIVEFRMNYC
Sep 11, 2013, 05:46 PM
Why does everyone moving to Android feel like they need to share it with the world. Goodluck and enjoy it, but no one really cares..

If nobody cared, you would be the first reply instead of the tenth. ;)

mellofello
Sep 11, 2013, 05:54 PM
Good thing there are options. Good luck with your Note 3, you'll be back.

Personally I don't see anything so innovative about the Note 3 that would make Note 2 owners feel like they HAVE to have it.

1080p screen 13mp camera 3 gb ram 4x faster. Yup I "needed" it. Much bigger jump then 5 to 5s

spinedoc77
Sep 11, 2013, 07:46 PM
Image (http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/iphone_5c_hands-on_sg_141-580x359.jpg)

Image (http://lghttp.16708.nexcesscdn.net/80849A/spigen/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/a/galaxy_note_3_case_neo_hybrid-metal_slate.jpg)

Haha, that's hilarious. The 5C is pretty ugly, but that holey case is downright hideous, very un-Apple like. Id say it's probably THE most hideous case I've ever seen on a cell phone, and not even functional.

skratch77
Sep 11, 2013, 08:00 PM
What am I getting for the same price?

A phone with a 64 bit processor--almost certainly the most powerful processor in any cell phone in the world at this point.

Bye bye!

***** u smoking a dual core 64bit soc faster then an 8 core?

Sorry but even if they could pull 50% boost over 32 bit its still 2 cores and can't even come close to matching 8 32 bit cores.

PS the quad core s800 beats the 64 bit chip also benches are starting to come out and so far the quad core note 3 is faster then the a7

iz2sick
Sep 11, 2013, 09:59 PM
1080p screen 13mp camera 3 gb ram 4x faster. Yup I "needed" it. Much bigger jump then 5 to 5s

Two very commonly overrated aspects that you just mentioned... 1080p and BlahBlah megapixels.

720p and 1080p are not easily discernible. I, a self-proclaimed videophile... someone who constantly gripes about picture quality... someone who constantly points out to friends and family how their color calibration on their TVs suck... someone who used to play FPS competitively on PCs... cannot even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

Unless of course you start showing me examples on ginormous screens.

Megapixels? What good is that 13 Megapixels when the 8mp on my 4S still takes better pictures than any Samsung out there?

3gb ram and 8 cores... okay, that deserves credit. The rest are just upgrades in numbers to make it feel substantial.

5S from 5: Jump to 64bit processing up from 32, though it's more for future purposes. Point being that it is setting a trend that the industry will definitely benefit from.

Further real tweaks to the camera and not just upping the megapixels. You know, tweaks that actually matter.

Noticeably improved graphics - always an underrated aspect that deserves more credit seeing as how the mobile phone market has completely dominated the hand-held gaming arena

M7 - Sounds real good on paper and is a big upgrade... utility remains to be determined

Nah... 5S had the bigger jump than the Note III. Note III is still cool AF though and I'm excited to play with both that and the 5S side-by-side.

linkgx1
Sep 11, 2013, 10:04 PM
Am I the only one who isn't all that excited for ANY phone right now? In a way, I feel like the GNote 3 is something i just want because 'it's different' and a big change compared to when I had the Samsung Vibrant (Had 4S in between then). It's like they made changes, but stayed the same at the same time. :mad:

iz2sick
Sep 11, 2013, 10:12 PM
Am I the only one who isn't all that excited for ANY phone right now? In a way, I feel like the GNote 3 is something i just want because 'it's different' and a big change compared to when I had the Samsung Vibrant (Had 4S in between then). It's like they made changes, but stayed the same at the same time. :mad:

It's an issue with the design remaining the same. Some people just can't get over that. I've always been the type of person that wants the components inside to be superior rather than the outside. All of my friends back in the day loved suped up rice rockets... I liked sleepers (stock body/minor upgraded body, but complete performance upgrades on the inside). So the S models of iPhones never bothered me because they in fact were always improved from the inside. The 5S is actually the biggest jump in upgrades than the usual S treatments.

I understand how it can make people feel like it's the same-old same-old though. It's like with cars: there's no real excitement until the 4 year period is over and a refreshed design approaches.

Fanaticalism
Sep 11, 2013, 10:15 PM
Woah!:eek:

Apple faithfuls are downright mean, lol! You would think they called their kids ugly or something.

I look forward to seeing the champagne iPhone in person. I have always been a fan of the white iPhones. I had black for the 3GS and 4, but decided to change things up with the 4S and 5. from that point on, I stuck with white.

Carlanga
Sep 11, 2013, 10:17 PM
you got your man purse accessory? :p
-d_VAWyCFE8

Fanaticalism
Sep 11, 2013, 10:19 PM
1) Nobody is innovating a damn thing. Every single cell phone on the market is at a plateau right now. There's only evolutions, no revolutions. The fact that Apple is the first to put a 64bit chips in a mobile phone is actually a bigger deal than most people realize. Sure, it won't be useful until developers get on board and start coding for it, but that's not the real point is it? The real point is that Apple now has a mobile chip with 64bit processing. Think real hard for a second where those chips can go in the future. Also think about the implications for the competitors. Even Droid fanboys should be appreciative because now Apple has set the stage for a cellphone market rushing to implement 64 bit chips with more ram.

2) Retina Display is still one of the most crisp and beautiful looking screens on the market. The competition has all caught up to it now. At this point, it's about subjectivity. Your eyes can only discern so much pixel density. OLEDS are gorgeous too. But they don't look good for everything in my opinion. I don't like their vividness when it comes to videos or certain pictures. But for others, the vivid colors look awesome like in video games or cartoons.

3) Fingerprint? Yea, it's more for "Oh, that's a bit convenient to have... why not?"

I say this constantly and I'll repeat myself yet again... if Samsung took these exact features and components and shoved them into a brand new phone with a big screen, people would be praising them. I suspect the major reason people hate on the 5S (and previous S models at that) is because it isn't a new shell or bigger screen. If bigger screens and redesigned shells are your major concern, then say it. Don't claim that you want innovation in a market where no one is innovating anymore. Kind of hard to innovate when we have all these new features that need time to evolve.

I'll go ahead and disagree here. You will not find a single post or review that does not criticize Samsung silly gestures controls. You may find someone who says they use them on occasion, but don't find them practical.

iz2sick
Sep 11, 2013, 10:33 PM
I'll go ahead and disagree here. You will not find a single post or review that does not criticize Samsung silly gestures controls. You may find someone who says they use them on occasion, but don't find them practical.

What in the world are you talking about? Why did that gesture comment even come up?

Are you relating that feature to Apple's fingerprint scanner? Of all the upgrades, that's your focal point?

If this were an S5 announcement and Samsung included a 64bit processor, 120fps 720p video recording, upgraded graphics capabilities, upgraded motion capturing, and put it into a newly designed shell with a bigger screen... Droid fans the world over would be rubbing it in Apple's faces proclaiming how Samsung is still the best and cutting edge.

Fanaticalism
Sep 11, 2013, 10:46 PM
What in the world are you talking about? Why did that gesture comment even come up?

Are you relating that feature to Apple's fingerprint scanner? Of all the upgrades, that's your focal point?

If this were an S5 announcement and Samsung included a 64bit processor, 120fps 720p video recording, upgraded graphics capabilities, upgraded motion capturing, and put it into a newly designed shell with a bigger screen... Droid fans the world over would be rubbing it in Apple's faces proclaiming how Samsung is still the best and cutting edge.

I'll clarify... Look at posts from S3 owners as well as reviews... many if not most expressed their disappointment in the changes to the s4 and deemed it not a necessary upgrade.

Some look at the technical aspects and come away with an understanding that while not readily applicable, create a gateway for future possibilities and implementations... but if you look at the information that is being used to create buzz and excitement around the 5S, it really does boil down to the fingerprint scanner, colors and to an extent control center (which I have no idea why considering it will be available to every iPhone user).

iz2sick
Sep 11, 2013, 10:55 PM
I'll clarify... Look at posts from S3 owners as well as reviews... many if not most expressed their disappointment in the changes to the s4 and deemed it not a necessary upgrade.

Some look at the technical aspects and come away with an understanding that while not readily applicable, create a gateway for future possibilities and implementations... but if you look at the information that is being used to create buzz and excitement around the 5S, it really does boil down to the fingerprint scanner, colors and to an extent control center (which I have no idea why considering it will be available to every iPhone user).

Still irrelevant to my comment that you called me out on.

I'm not talking about actual Samsung upgrades. I'm talking about the 5S features being shoved into a new Samsung. This would make the Droid fans go bananas in love.

And I don't know where you are getting the idea that the fingerprint scanner is creating the most buzz. The biggest buzz is actually around that 64bit chip and the redesigned OS (both bad and good buzz).

The S4 had truly gimmicky upgrades. Their most advertised was that silly hands-free nonsense. The 5S's only gimmicky upgrade is the fingerprint scanner, but that has yet to actually be determined. Apple's execution of the fingerprint scanner might far surpass Motorola's failed attempt at it.

Again, 64bit from 32bit processing is a major upgrade and is a first in the industry and is a natural evolution for mobile processing. This is a huge step not only for the iPhone, but for all mobile devices. If Samsung was the first at just this feature alone, it would still get praises sung. But nope... since the first company to introduce it was Apple and they did so in a device with the same design as the previous model, they get shrugged off.

the8thark
Sep 11, 2013, 11:00 PM
Image (http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/iphone_5c_hands-on_sg_141-580x359.jpg)

Image (http://lghttp.16708.nexcesscdn.net/80849A/spigen/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/a/galaxy_note_3_case_neo_hybrid-metal_slate.jpg)

The 5C + cases look amazing. The only reason I am not getting one is the cost. Way over priced. That android you pictured . . . yeah it's not good.

nfl46
Sep 11, 2013, 11:51 PM
Lol. Did the OP SERIOUSLY think Apple would do an major upgrade on an S model? Smh. This is software year, next year is hardware refresh year. Please follow the pattern. Anyway, enjoy your new device.

onthecouchagain
Sep 12, 2013, 12:13 AM
Haha, that's hilarious. The 5C is pretty ugly, but that holey case is downright hideous, very un-Apple like. Id say it's probably THE most hideous case I've ever seen on a cell phone, and not even functional.

I have to agree. It's grotesque. I'm not being hyperbolic. It's genuinely gross looking.

onthecouchagain
Sep 12, 2013, 12:44 AM
Not unrelated:

http://phandroid.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/iPHone-Hon.png

"Everything we do at Apple is meticulously thought out." /angelic voice.

maximus96
Sep 12, 2013, 01:40 AM
The 5C + cases look amazing.

http://i.minus.com/ipcFTdV3PbwWo.gif

the8thark
Sep 12, 2013, 06:20 AM
Image (http://i.minus.com/ipcFTdV3PbwWo.gif)
Not my fault if you do not see their full potential. The colours are so out there and wacky it's a bold statement. Getting multiple cases is not out of the question either. But it's all destroyed by the high 5C price.

heutusops
Sep 12, 2013, 07:14 AM
So are you implying that only the modern apple was into the $$$ only? They always were. And so are Samsung. And the rest of the industry as well.

Anyways, hope you enjoy your new device.

of course everyone's here to make dollars, but the fact is that apple is a lot more focused on making more money, no other company is that greedy. they're selling their "cheap" phone for $600, that's crazy! samsung, lg, htc, sony, also make great phone and most of them have also introduced aluminum phones but they aren't going for the $900-1000(iphone 5s) price tag.

onthecouchagain
Sep 12, 2013, 07:17 AM
If Samsung released a case that looked like the 5C case for their phone, I can guarantee the opposition would not be as warm and friendly to it as they are now with the case coming from Apple.

Gua-ran-teeeeeeed.

Jibbajabba
Sep 12, 2013, 07:18 AM
Here we go again ....

Oohara
Sep 12, 2013, 08:38 AM
If Samsung released a case that looked like the 5C case for their phone, I can guarantee the opposition would not be as warm and friendly to it as they are now with the case coming from Apple.

Gua-ran-teeeeeeed.

Sorry man, I'm a huge Note-series fan and all but...that's like complaining because Hillary Clinton wouldn't get away with wearing this:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/2ed26e748c4b216645114db749d2ad15/tumblr_mrtdmvofJ41scy4uko1_500.gif

adildacoolset
Sep 12, 2013, 08:53 AM
of course everyone's here to make dollars, but the fact is that apple is a lot more focused on making more money, no other company is that greedy. they're selling their "cheap" phone for $600, that's crazy! samsung, lg, htc, sony, also make great phone and most of them have also introduced aluminum phones but they aren't going for the $900-1000(iphone 5s) price tag.

They're just as bad.

Apple are trying to sell fewer, but with more money on each.
Others are trying to sell more, but with less money in each.

They are just different money-making strategies. So far, it's working better for apple, because of the heritage and brand loyalty.

ucfgrad93
Sep 12, 2013, 09:11 AM

Agreed. It is nice to have choices and if iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc. no longer meets your needs then you should move to something else.

spinedoc77
Sep 12, 2013, 10:21 AM

You can't blame a company for being greedy, if anything being greedy is a mark of a successful company. I don't think they take care of their employees like say Costco does, but Apple shareholders I'm sure are VERY happy with the way they do business, and sad as it is to say, shareholders matter more to a company.

I don't disagree that the 5C is grossly overpriced, BUT if consumers buy it is it really overpriced? An item is what it's worth relative to what people pay for it.

Menneisyys2
Sep 12, 2013, 06:09 PM
Megapixels? What good is that 13 Megapixels when the 8mp on my 4S still takes better pictures than any Samsung out there?

But surely not the gs4.

iz2sick
Sep 12, 2013, 07:09 PM
But surely not the gs4.

Eh, I actually do prefer it. I never liked Samsung's issue with poor saturation. Though they look look great on the phone's screen itself thanks to the vividness. Their video looks good though.

heutusops
Sep 13, 2013, 09:52 AM
but Apple shareholders I'm sure are VERY happy with the way they do business.

that's where they need to improve, stop thinking about the shareholders and start thinking about your customers

----------

They're just as bad.

Apple are trying to sell more, but with more money on each.
Others are trying to sell more (with better specs and great software features), but with less money in each.

They are just different money-making strategies. So far, it's working better for apple, because of the heritage and brand loyalty.

bitter truth...

Liquorpuki
Sep 13, 2013, 12:10 PM
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/iphone_5c_hands-on_sg_141-580x359.jpg

Anybody wanna play Connect 4?

spinedoc77
Sep 13, 2013, 01:33 PM
Anybody wanna play Connect 4?

I think that is Apple's strategy. They always tout having the "simple" solutions, I'll bet instead of putting an E-ink display on the back they figured they would entertain more people with a physical connect 4 game.

maximus96
Sep 13, 2013, 01:35 PM
Oh Apple you! Always the innovator!

Markyboy81
Sep 13, 2013, 02:17 PM
Two very commonly overrated aspects that you just mentioned... 1080p and BlahBlah megapixels.

720p and 1080p are not easily discernible. I, a self-proclaimed videophile... someone who constantly gripes about picture quality... someone who constantly points out to friends and family how their color calibration on their TVs suck... someone who used to play FPS competitively on PCs... cannot even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

Unless of course you start showing me examples on ginormous screens.

3gb ram and 8 cores... okay, that deserves credit. The rest are just upgrades in numbers to make it feel substantial.

5S from 5: Jump to 64bit processing up from 32, though it's more for future purposes. Point being that it is setting a trend that the industry will definitely benefit from.

Further real tweaks to the camera and not just upping the megapixels. You know, tweaks that actually matter.

Noticeably improved graphics - always an underrated aspect that deserves more credit seeing as how the mobile phone market has completely dominated the hand-held gaming arena

M7 - Sounds real good on paper and is a big upgrade... utility remains to be determined

Nah... 5S had the bigger jump than the Note III. Note III is still cool AF though and I'm excited to play with both that and the 5S side-by-side.

I'm not so sure that the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't discernable. I can certainly notice the difference between the S3 Screen and the s4 Screen and the improvement with the note 3 over the note 4 will be even more significant, due to the size.
However, I can understand how there would be no point increasing the pixel density on a screen as small as the iphones.

spinedoc77
Sep 13, 2013, 02:43 PM
Anyone successful at pre ordering without an AT&T account?

iz2sick
Sep 13, 2013, 02:52 PM
I'm not so sure that the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't discernable. I can certainly notice the difference between the S3 Screen and the s4 Screen and the improvement with the note 3 over the note 4 will be even more significant, due to the size.
However, I can understand how there would be no point increasing the pixel density on a screen as small as the iphones.

Not so fast... Are you sure it's the pixel count that is accounting for the perceived difference or other improvements to their screen?

And yes, I'm sure some real videophiles can tell, but that won't be the case. If given two phones side-by-side with each type of display, I bet the results will show about a 50/50 ratio of people that pick the correct 1080p display.

The bigger the screen, the more pixels you should have. That is true. But we are talking about cell phones. Even if they were 10", the differences between 720p and 1080p are very negligible. Unless of course you are holding the phone up to your nose.

The biggest advantage you'll have with 1080p is browsing and viewing documents. More of the document can show up on the screen.

I have a 58" TV. I watch 720p programming on it and it looks great. I put in a 1080p movie and it looks great. Problem is, I can't really tell the difference in quality unless I sit close to my TV. But I don't. I sit far enough to where it really doesn't matter whether I'm watching 720 or 1080.

Next time you stroll through a store with TVs, test yourself. Determine if whatever they are playing is 720p or 1080p. Then ask them which it was. Do this in several other stores when you find yourself in one. You could also do this with computer monitors without reading specs... but majority of monitors are 1080p nowadays so that might not work out lol.

Dontazemebro
Sep 13, 2013, 03:19 PM
I'll be moving to a Note 3 as well as the 5s from the GS4. The 5c holds little interest for me seeing how it's just a 5 with a shiny new wrapper. Furthermore, the 4s was my last ios device so a 5s would be just in line for me and I'm definitely intrigued by Apple's new A7 chip.

rillrill
Sep 13, 2013, 03:30 PM
Woah!:eek:

Apple faithfuls are downright mean, lol! You would think they called their kids ugly or something.

I look forward to seeing the champagne iPhone in person. I have always been a fan of the white iPhones. I had black for the 3GS and 4, but decided to change things up with the 4S and 5. from that point on, I stuck with white.

they're not mean. they just "think different."

dba415
Sep 15, 2013, 12:54 PM
Not so fast... Are you sure it's the pixel count that is accounting for the perceived difference or other improvements to their screen?

And yes, I'm sure some real videophiles can tell, but that won't be the case. If given two phones side-by-side with each type of display, I bet the results will show about a 50/50 ratio of people that pick the correct 1080p display.

The bigger the screen, the more pixels you should have. That is true. But we are talking about cell phones. Even if they were 10", the differences between 720p and 1080p are very negligible. Unless of course you are holding the phone up to your nose.

The biggest advantage you'll have with 1080p is browsing and viewing documents. More of the document can show up on the screen.

I have a 58" TV. I watch 720p programming on it and it looks great. I put in a 1080p movie and it looks great. Problem is, I can't really tell the difference in quality unless I sit close to my TV. But I don't. I sit far enough to where it really doesn't matter whether I'm watching 720 or 1080.

Next time you stroll through a store with TVs, test yourself. Determine if whatever they are playing is 720p or 1080p. Then ask them which it was. Do this in several other stores when you find yourself in one. You could also do this with computer monitors without reading specs... but majority of monitors are 1080p nowadays so that might not work out lol.

If you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on your own tv then you clearly aren't the one anybody should listen to when it comes to this subject.

NT1440
Sep 15, 2013, 12:56 PM

What exactly is so innovative about the Note 3? Bigger screen, what an advancement! :rolleyes:

Dmunjal
Sep 15, 2013, 01:01 PM
What exactly is so innovative about the Note 3? Bigger screen, what an advancement! :rolleyes:

It's not just the bigger screen but what it allows you to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fo5x7ZIPCM

iPhone users would kill for these kind of features. It's really making a smartphone into a mini-computer.

rillrill
Sep 15, 2013, 01:04 PM

5+" phones:
http://i.cdn.hbo.com/assets/images/homepage/2010/june/series/game-of-thrones/061310-eddard-sword-1024.jpg

3.5-4" phones:
http://www.wallchan.com/images/medium/1499-arya-stark-wielding-needle-wallpaper-wallchan.jpg

nuff said.

onthecouchagain
Sep 15, 2013, 01:15 PM

You ought to do more research if you're serious about answering your question.

The Game 161
Sep 15, 2013, 01:26 PM

it's not just the big screens...it's what it does! and what it does is far better than what the iphone does..FOR ME.

NT1440
Sep 15, 2013, 01:51 PM
5+" phones:
Image (http://i.cdn.hbo.com/assets/images/homepage/2010/june/series/game-of-thrones/061310-eddard-sword-1024.jpg)

3.5-4" phones:
Image (http://www.wallchan.com/images/medium/1499-arya-stark-wielding-needle-wallpaper-wallchan.jpg)

nuff said.
Phallic envy, got it.
it's not just the big screens...it's what it does! and what it does is far better than what the iphone does..FOR ME.

That's fine if it does what you need it to. What I'm getting at is the note 3 is refinements to the note 2, the same formula as the 5 to the 5s. Yet for some reason people are wetting their pants over how exciting samsungs minor refresh is and howling mad that apple followed the same model.

The tech media is ridiculous.

The Game 161
Sep 15, 2013, 01:59 PM
Phallic envy, got it.

That's fine if it does what you need it to. What I'm getting at is the note 3 is refinements to the note 2, the same formula as the 5 to the 5s. Yet for some reason people are wetting their pants over how exciting samsungs minor refresh is and howling mad that apple followed the same model.

Actually the note 3 upgrade is quite a good one from the note 2. from screen quailty to S pen features it is very impressive. Well worth the upgrade even from a note 2.

For me I love the S pen features on my note 8.0..and the 32GB storage is a big plus for me from my S4.

NT1440
Sep 15, 2013, 02:05 PM
Actually the note 3 upgrade is quite a good one from the note 2. from screen quailty to S pen features it is very impressive. Well worth the upgrade even from a note 2.

For me I love the S pen features on my note 8.0..and the 32GB storage is a big plus for me from my S4.

Again, I never said it's not a decent upgrade, what I'm saying is its refinements and enhancements. I don't get why Apple is considered to be failing if it doesn't radically change the smartphone game every year, but the rest are seen as innovative for doing the same refinement cycle that Apple does.

I really do wish apple would release its stylus already, my iPad would be my only device if it had great support rolled right into iOS, that said I'm sure they are waiting for the IGZO process to scale up so they can use the built in capabilities of the screen rather than a stopgap solution. hurry up already!

Abs_p
Sep 15, 2013, 02:07 PM

S3 has a pentile display. So yeah even 720p looks crap on it. Anything over 330ppi is just for numbers sake.
Personally I won't pay anything over 249-299 for an android phone off contract. The overall experience is no where near iOS. Google now is lot more useful then siri though but no android feels cheap to me for some reason.

To people bragging about cores. Pfft. Dual core iPhone 5 doesn't lag 1/10th as much as your 8 core Samsung galaxy s4 lags not to mention its just 4 cores working at one time.(yet)

Coming to screen size . 4" is just fine. But I won't mind 4.3" . I think its the sweet spot and it can be done without increasing the current dimensions of the iPhone considerably.

Talking about battery . No one can deny that iPhone gives better battery life then androids out of box even with the small battery. Better or equal battery life with a 30-40% smaller battery is commendable.

PS : I am using android currently since 8 weeks. Doesn't quite cut it for me.

The Game 161
Sep 15, 2013, 02:14 PM
Again, I never said it's not a decent upgrade, what I'm saying is its refinements and enhancements. I don't get why Apple is considered to be failing if it doesn't radically change the smartphone game every year, but the rest are seen as innovative for doing the same refinement cycle that Apple does.

I really do wish apple would release its stylus already, my iPad would be my only device if it had great support rolled right into iOS, that said I'm sure they are waiting for the IGZO process to scale up so they can use the built in capabilities of the screen rather than a stopgap solution. hurry up already!

I get the feeling alot of the flack apple get is because their phone has pretty much looked the same for like 3 years.

NT1440
Sep 15, 2013, 02:18 PM
I get the feeling alot of the flack apple get is because their phone has pretty much looked the same for like 3 years.

Which again says much more about the ADHD society we live in as consumers than the pace of innovation in the technology sector.

NuggetSauce
Sep 15, 2013, 02:37 PM
I'm disappointed with the 5S and 5C, but I still don't have any desire to sell my 5 for an Android phone until the Android OS and ecosystem appeals to me.

rillrill
Sep 15, 2013, 02:58 PM
Phallic envy, got it.

just because you have a small device, it doesnt make you any less of a man.

android has always been about control. fine tune you device to you needs. but everyone i talk to that has moved up in screen size cant stomach a smaller screen. if ios could be customized more without a jailbreak and came in a larger size i might go back.

spinedoc77
Sep 15, 2013, 05:00 PM
5+" phones:
Image (http://i.cdn.hbo.com/assets/images/homepage/2010/june/series/game-of-thrones/061310-eddard-sword-1024.jpg)

3.5-4" phones:
Image (http://www.wallchan.com/images/medium/1499-arya-stark-wielding-needle-wallpaper-wallchan.jpg)

nuff said.

Yeah but who survived, and who died?

rillrill
Sep 15, 2013, 06:40 PM
spoilers dude...:)

mackinmike
Sep 15, 2013, 06:44 PM

agreed.. it's horrendous. hey if people ike rocking croc shoes, they can now match their crocs with an ip5c! :D

F123D
Sep 16, 2013, 02:50 PM

If you compare the refinements on both devices, the Note 3 was more substantial.

Dmunjal
Sep 16, 2013, 03:10 PM
If you compare the refinements on both devices, the Note 3 was more substantial.

Yeah, this doesn't make sense to me. Samsung is able to increase the Note screen size every year without changing the overall size and weight but Apple cant? Or won't?

bmac4
Sep 16, 2013, 03:55 PM

Why do Apple fans feel like they need to post about how much better than like their iphones after using an android phone? Does anyone really care? People want to place to share their opinions and this happens to be that place. You may not agree with what he is saying, but come on.

chrismarle
Sep 16, 2013, 04:02 PM

And the Note 3 still lags.

----------

PS the quad core s800 beats the 64 bit chip also benches are starting to come out and so far the quad core note 3 is faster then the a7

How can you say that? Apple are the first to do it and it hasn't been benchmarked yet so...

The Game 161
Sep 16, 2013, 04:06 PM

----------

How can you say that? Apple are the first to do it and it hasn't been benchmarked yet so...

:rolleyes:

Yet you say the note 3 lags when you don't know that at all and in no videos does it show any lag.

maximus96
Sep 16, 2013, 04:07 PM

you must have first hand experience, when did you get yours?

12vElectronics
Sep 16, 2013, 04:46 PM
Why do Apple fans feel like they need to post about how much better than like their iphones after using an android phone? Does anyone really care? People want to place to share their opinions and this happens to be that place. You may not agree with what he is saying, but come on.

I don't go on Android forums and complain about Android phones and how I am moving to Apple. :rolleyes:

bmac4
Sep 16, 2013, 04:49 PM
I don't go on Android forums and complain about Android phones and how I am moving to Apple. :rolleyes:

You may not, but look at what this section of the forum is called. Alternatives to iphones. Right? It is not just for Apple everything. If you have been paying attention most people here either use both or just android. This is s place for people to say what they do not like about Apple. You must be in the wrong place.

syedrizvi21
Sep 16, 2013, 08:46 PM
After spending time reading post from my fellow macrumors, I have finally come down to this,

(~4 inch vs ~5 inch) note 3 wins
Finger print--- no thanks NSA
Camera~ not so care about it
IOS va android.. Much advance features in android

Moving to note 3

Can't wait to pre-order!

The Game 161
Sep 16, 2013, 08:49 PM
After spending time reading post from my fellow macrumors, I have finally come down to this,

(~4 inch vs ~5 inch) note 3 wins
Finger print--- no thanks NSA
Camera~ not so care about it
IOS va android.. Much advance features in android

Moving to note 3

Can't wait to pre-order!

Wise decision my friend.

RAPTORSKI
Sep 17, 2013, 05:18 AM
Wait now, is the original post comparing a phablet (Note 3) with a smartphone (iPhone 5S). If you are buying a Note 3 then you are clearly in the market for a phablet, which is different and difficult to compare to a regular smartphone.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is probably the best phablet out there at the moment so it is a good buy in my opinion. :)

SlCKB0Y
Sep 17, 2013, 07:54 AM

And yet here you are ... caring enough to post about how much you don't care! :rolleyes:

spinedoc77
Sep 17, 2013, 01:23 PM
And yet here you are ... caring enough to post about how much you don't care! :rolleyes:

Lol, the best whiners are the ones who whine about other whiners.

maximus96
Sep 17, 2013, 03:02 PM

he's probably the "I could care less" type

12vElectronics
Sep 17, 2013, 04:41 PM
he's probably the "I could care less" type

Yeah, exactly, that type

SlCKB0Y
Sep 17, 2013, 05:16 PM

Haha. I think we're stuck in some kind of recursive loop :D

Mr. Retrofire
Sep 17, 2013, 07:03 PM
The iPhone recognizes your handwriting (speech recognition is not an option in many conference rooms) and converts it to text, which you can use in Word, Excel or many data base applications? No!? The Note does exactly this, and much more. It's not an expensive iToy.

And btw, the Note is cheaper (unlocked on the free market), has more useful features and a different target group.

----------

Lol, the best whiners are the ones who whine about other whiners, who whine about other whiners.

----------

"Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices" is NOT an iOS or iDevice forum. iThought™ this is obvious. Obviously not.

Spacial
Sep 17, 2013, 08:06 PM

Samsung charges the exact same price as Apple for that size. It's about being competitive on the cost.

iz2sick
Sep 18, 2013, 02:37 PM
If you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on your own tv then you clearly aren't the one anybody should listen to when it comes to this subject.

Wow, talk about ignoring the bulk of my comments and making an ignorant comment.

You must be some special kind of video expert to be able to discern the differences between a 720p television and 1080p television of equal size and equal distance viewing.

Size of the TV relative to your viewing distance matters. And unless I'm watching my 58" plasma from only inches away, I can't tell the difference and there's a 99% chance that you can't either. Actually, it would be a 50% chance since you'd be fooling yourself into thinking you can and would pick one of the two.

Furthermore, even the most eagle-eyed videophiles would prefer to compare the two side-by-side to make sure they know which is really which. And rest assured that they would be examining the display thoroughly.

Maybe you are that type of person. Maybe you do have a magic ability to just glance at a screen and declare it's resolution. Bravo. But for you to suggest that I'm completely wrong and that the masses shouldn't listen to me because the differences are that obvious... is simply ludicrous in light of the mountain of evidence against your claim.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/10/19/displaymate-on-1080p-iphone/

I'll give you link after link after link on this subject if you'd like. All the while, you can't provide diddly squat for your argument.

spinedoc77
Sep 19, 2013, 03:48 PM
Lol, the best whiners are the ones who whine about other whiners, who whine about other whiners.[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

Yes but don't forget about the whiners, who whine about the whiners who whine about other whiners whining about other whiners. :p

Antitryptic
Sep 19, 2013, 07:14 PM
I love both iOS and Android, so having only one phone would bother me quite a bit. I have an iPhone 5 currently and I'm planning to buy a Note 3 later this year when it releases. I don't really have any reason to upgrade to the 5S-- as much as I want to-- since it wouldn't be much more of a benefit over the 5 (for me). Once I do have the itch to get another Apple device, however, I'll wait until the iPhone 6 or whatever. That way I get the best of both worlds. :D

animalx
Sep 19, 2013, 09:59 PM
How do you know that nobody cares about the finger print scanner (Touch ID)? Do you represent the entire world? I'd say this is innovation, at least in my book.

in·no·va·tion
ˌinəˈvāSHən/Submit
noun
noun: innovation
the action or process of innovating.
synonyms: change, alteration, revolution, upheaval, transformation, metamorphosis, breakthrough; More
a new idea, product, etc..

Unfortunately, the fingerprint scanner cannot be considered an innovation, as it has already been done.

virginblue4
Sep 20, 2013, 06:56 AM
in·no·va·tion
ˌinəˈvāSHən/Submit
noun
synonyms: change, alteration, revolution, upheaval, transformation, metamorphosis, breakthrough; More

Unfortunately, the fingerprint scanner cannot be considered an innovation, as it has already been done.

On a widescale, successful product? Didn't think so....

animalx
Sep 20, 2013, 08:21 AM

Doesn't matter. The bottom line is, it's a 2011 rehash. That is not innovation.

virginblue4
Sep 20, 2013, 08:54 AM
Doesn't matter. The bottom line is, it's a 2011 rehash. That is not innovation.

That's like saying the iPhone wasn't an innovation as there were touchscreen phones before :rolleyes:

TheHateMachine
Sep 20, 2013, 01:36 PM
I knew people were going to be buzzing all over the 64 bit processor thing without exactly knowing what advantages it brings and what it does.

spinedoc77
Sep 20, 2013, 01:51 PM
That's like saying the iPhone wasn't an innovation as there were touchscreen phones before :rolleyes:

It wasn't. They did a huge amount of perfecting of the smartphone category, but smartphones and touchscreens still existed WAY before the iphone.

virginblue4
Sep 20, 2013, 03:51 PM
It wasn't. They did a huge amount of perfecting of the smartphone category, but smartphones and touchscreens still existed WAY before the iphone.

Ok, well it's you opinion if you don't believe the iPhone is innovation. Most people will disagree.

spinedoc77
Sep 20, 2013, 05:26 PM
Ok, well it's you opinion if you don't believe the iPhone is innovation. Most people will disagree.

I missed that poll, can you link it?

animalx
Sep 21, 2013, 12:48 AM

I don't think you fully understand what innovation means and is.

unobtainium
Sep 21, 2013, 03:09 AM

"1080p screen": still fails at brightness, colour reproduction, and accuracy, just like all Samsung's crappy displays.
"13 mp camera": it will be just like the S4 - Samsung's cameras are crap. Megapixels are meaningless. The quality of those lenses and sensors suck.
"3 gb ram": who cares? Is it faster than the 5s? (Benchmarks say no). So who cares if its gotz more ramses.
"4x faster": again, it's still not faster than the 5s.

----------

in·no·va·tion
ˌinəˈvāSHən/Submit
noun

"Upheaval"? I think that applies, since next year half of the high end smartphones will suddenly be sporting fingerprint sensors. "Transformation" or "breakthrough"? Also applies, since the biometric scanner works a lot more quickly, conveniently, and efficiently than the older fingerprint scanners that used to be in laptops (or the Atrix). I'm going by all the many reviews here.

The Game 161
Sep 21, 2013, 03:10 AM
"1080p screen": still fails at brightness, colour reproduction, and accuracy, just like all Samsung's crappy displays.
"13 mp camera": it will be just like the S4 - Samsung's cameras are crap. Megapixels are meaningless. The quality of those lenses and sensors suck.
"3 gb ram": who cares? Is it faster than the 5s? (Benchmarks say no). So who cares if its gotz more ramses.

Lol your post screams clueless fanboy with this post.

F123D
Sep 21, 2013, 03:12 AM
I bet apples A7 chip must be crap also since it's manufactured by Samsung.

virginblue4
Sep 21, 2013, 04:13 AM
I don't think you fully understand what innovation means and is.

Nope, apparently I, most people who know of the iPhone, and Apple do not know what innovation means. I do apologise.

onthecouchagain
Sep 21, 2013, 09:35 AM
I bet apples A7 chip must be crap also since it's manufactured by Samsung.

Yup: http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/20/apple-iphone-5ss-a7-samsung-m7-nxp/?ncid=rss_semi

Apple iPhone 5s's A7 SoC built by Samsung

unobtainium
Sep 21, 2013, 09:58 AM
Lol your post screams clueless fanboy with this post.

Nope. Nothing I said is uninformed or inaccurate. Maybe you don't want to admit that Samsung's displays are inferior in brightness and color accuracy. As for their cameras, I happen to have read a lot of objective comparisons and have even had a look in person. As for the benchmarks...just look it up. The info isn't hard to find. It's actually you who sounds uninformed.

----------

Yup: http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/20/apple-iphone-5ss-a7-samsung-m7-nxp/?ncid=rss_semi

Apple iPhone 5s's A7 SoC built by Samsung

Uh..It's manufactured by Samsung, but designed by Apple. How do you think Samsung always manages to fire up its photocopiers so fast?

Nothing is manufactured by Apple. They don't do that.

The Game 161
Sep 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
Nope. Nothing I said is uninformed or inaccurate. Maybe you don't want to admit that Samsung's displays are inferior in brightness and color accuracy. As for their cameras, I happen to have read a lot of objective comparisons and have even had a look in person. As for the benchmarks...just look it up. The info isn't hard to find. It's actually you who sounds uninformed.

----------

Uh..It's manufactured by Samsung, but designed by Apple. How do you think Samsung always manages to fire up its photocopiers so fast?

Lol nothing you said is correct at all.. Apple screen is better in sunlight.. That's about it. The rest of your points are false in a big way.

Benchmarks-apple always gets blown away by Samsung...

onthecouchagain
Sep 21, 2013, 10:37 AM

Okay...?

When did I say it wasn't manufactured by Samsung? The original post I was quoting said exactly:

"I bet apples A7 chip must be crap also since it's manufactured by Samsung."

To which I said, yup.

unobtainium
Sep 21, 2013, 10:53 AM
Lol nothing you said is correct at all.. Apple screen is better in sunlight.. That's about it. The rest of your points are false in a big way.

Benchmarks-apple always gets blown away by Samsung...

...You're still wrong.

The A7 blows the Galaxy S4 out of the water in every test I can find on the net. Here, go read an informed analysis. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5

As for screen brightness - it's a well known fact that Samsung's OLED screens are not as color accurate, and that their max brightness is about 50% of the iPhone's. They also have poorer viewing angles.

----------

Okay...?

When did I say it wasn't manufactured by Samsung? The original post I was quoting said exactly:

"I bet apples A7 chip must be crap also since it's manufactured by Samsung."

To which I said, yup.

I think you misunderstood my post. People are trying to give Samsung credit for the A7, which is ridiculous since it was designed by Apple. It's like giving a sweatshop in Bangladesh credit for the fashion designs they manufacture.

The Game 161
Sep 21, 2013, 11:11 AM
...You're still wrong.

The A7 blows the Galaxy S4 out of the water in every test I can find on the net. Here, go read an informed analysis. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5

As for screen brightness - it's a well known fact that Samsung's OLED screens are not as color accurate, and that their max brightness is about 50% of the iPhone's. They also have poorer viewing angles.

----------

I think you misunderstood my post. People are trying to give Samsung credit for the A7, which is ridiculous since it was designed by Apple. It's like giving a sweatshop in Bangladesh credit for the fashion designs they manufacture.

S4 isn't Samsung latest device. The Note 3 has the best processor on the market.

APhillyApple
Sep 21, 2013, 11:14 AM
This thread is funny and full of so much nonsense from both sides. People worried about NSA information, benchmarks without even having benchmarks, user issues on unavailable devices, etc. Makes me laugh.

unobtainium
Sep 21, 2013, 11:23 AM
S4 isn't Samsung latest device. The Note 3 has the best processor on the market.

A7 has been edging out the Snapdragon 800 in benchmarking tests as well.

bobenhaus
Sep 21, 2013, 01:04 PM
its just a phone brah. i wouldnt even think about getting another phone. even if they surpass iphone features wise and were faster, higher mp cameras etc. iphone is the definition of phone. here in la every phone i see pulled out is an iphone. when marimba goes off errbody be checkin they phonez

Yeah Apple is the new Fisher Price for phones.

Jibbajabba
Sep 21, 2013, 01:17 PM

So why are you in the non-Mac forum then? People will always talk about non-iPhones in a non-iPhone forum. Somewhat the point of it.

Beeplance
Sep 22, 2013, 01:54 AM

Crappy Samsung technology must explain why every 2 out of 3 people here in my country owns either a S3, S4 or a Note 2.

Just because you loathe Samsung to the core does not mean their products are in any way inferior to the competition.

unobtainium
Sep 22, 2013, 02:48 AM
Crappy Samsung technology must explain why every 2 out of 3 people here in my country owns either a S3, S4 or a Note 2.

Just because you loathe Samsung to the core does not mean their products are in any way inferior to the competition.

Who said I loathe Samsung? I'm indifferent toward Samsung, just as I'm indifferent toward Apple. They're just companies seeking profit.

However, the fact is that Samsung's flagship cameras haven't performed well against their top competitors. It's also an objective fact that their OLED screens are dimmer and less accurate than Apple's IPS. And the A7 happens to currently be the king of mobile chips. I'm sure that will change by 2014.

Brittany246
Sep 24, 2013, 11:05 AM

Probably to get approval and attention from other people. It's like it's become cool to hate anything apple releases.

IFRIT
Sep 24, 2013, 11:26 AM
Don't feed the troll anymore please.

Dontazemebro
Sep 25, 2013, 11:57 PM

Not too successful if it can be hacked in less than half an hour with inexpensive materials for the most part.

----------

Nope, apparently I, most people who know of the iPhone, and Apple do not know what innovation means. I do apologise.

No we're not all inclusive. Believe it or not but there are actual iPhone owners out in the wild with the full concept of innovation.

Shocking isn't it.

Chatter
Sep 26, 2013, 06:29 PM
***** u smoking a dual core 64bit soc faster then an 8 core?

Sorry but even if they could pull 50% boost over 32 bit its still 2 cores and can't even come close to matching 8 32 bit cores.

You are so lost its not even funny. Stay away from tech blogs. Actually, stay on the Android ones where people like you "know" tech. :rolleyes:

Antgb84
Sep 26, 2013, 06:39 PM

Agree, too many threads already.