PDA

View Full Version : How I went "Mac"

artie
Dec 28, 2002, 09:46 PM
I'm not a writer by any means, so bear with me... I'll be as brief as I can... ;)

Around 1991, I became Interested in computers. I started taking some non-credit courses at the local community college (PCs, Windows).. :( I wanted to learn everything I could about computers.

After several courses, I learned that I could use computers for FREE at the local library...

so, one saturday, I went to the library.... with a floppy disk in hand.... to save my work on... (I did know that much about them. I had to save my work).

I walked into the library, and the staff pointed out where they were, so I walked over towards them.... they had 2-3 windows PCs there.... like I used in school....

However, they had another one that "caught" my eye.... It was a little thing.... small black/white screen, 9" in diameter.... all in one.... the entire thing was one piece. I thought that was sort of cool... (I later learned it was a Macintosh SE30)....

It had Word 4.0 on it... and a few kids games.....

I didnt really know much about what I was doing...

I was using Word to create a database of names and phone numbers! Sort of funny today when I think back about this. I was typing names and numbers in a document, and saving to the floppy disk.

after 1/2 hour on this computer, I was hooked..... I spent several more saturdays coming back to this thing... creating my "database"...

But I quickly discovered that "I had to have a Mac of my own".

so I bought my first one...

and the rest as they say is History.. ;)

It's almost 2003, and 4 Mac models later, many upgrades, and OS versions from System 7 to Jaguar 10.2.3, I'm STILL using Mac's!

I would NOT have it any other way.. ;)

Steradian
Dec 28, 2002, 11:41 PM
I like your story, how old are you anyways??? yes i know it's rude ot ask age but i am just wondering :)

PowerBook G4 1ghz

artie
Dec 29, 2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Steradian
I like your story, how old are you anyways??? yes i know it's rude ot ask age but i am just wondering :)

PowerBook G4 1ghz

I'm 38....

damn, I'll be 39 this summer. :(