Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freemannnn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
everytime i setup as new my iphone like now after installing 7 gm i miss my dozens wifi passwords that i have login in various places.
is it possible to transfer the keychain file from a backup to the new installation?
please dont tell me to restore from backup. i want a clean bug free install!!!

Uhrzeiger

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2013
Good Question. Wifi passwords were always the most pain thing as myself doing a clean install. Never found a solution for it. Said that iCloud isn't saving them.

freemannnn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Maybe we have to wait to get icloud keychain and after we do a clean install!!!

Last edited:

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
everytime i setup as new my iphone like now after installing 7 gm i miss my dozens wifi passwords that i have login in various places.
is it possible to transfer the keychain file from a backup to the new installation?
please dont tell me to restore from backup. i want a clean bug free install!!!

iCloud Keychain does Wifi Passwords.

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/11/icloud-keychain-removed-in-ios-7-gm/

First introduced at WWDC, iCloud Keychain is Apple’s new cross-device password manager, designed to share and store passwords across all of Apple’s products running iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks. In addition to passwords, iCloud Keychain also stores website logins, credit card information, and Wi-Fi networks.

freemannnn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
setup as new and wifi passwords

After saving hundreds wifi passwords to iphone and keychain i did a reset to network settings in my iphone.
Every wifi password gone, and didnt downloaded from icloud keychain again.
Is this correct?
Safari passwords are ok

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.