PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experienced the horizontal lines appear on MBA screen?

keviny
Sep 12, 2013, 08:07 PM
I have a 1 month old MBA(i5/8/256/2013). It's was running perfect until I tried to connect it to a LG TV.
Long story short, it always shows many colorful horizontal lines(for about 0.5s) after wake up from sleep mode(maybe >1 hour sleep).
Is there any solution to this problem? Thanks;)

HarryWarden
Sep 12, 2013, 09:04 PM
Never experienced that problem. If it is feasible, I'd take it back to the store.

keviny
Sep 12, 2013, 10:00 PM
Never experienced that problem. If it is feasible, I'd take it back to the store.

I've heard that someone met this situation too after tring multi-display. Just wondering if there is a simple way to fix it instead of take it to the store. :)

itsOver9000
Sep 12, 2013, 10:24 PM
I have a 1 month old MBA(i5/8/256/2013). It's was running perfect until I tried to connect it to a LG TV.
Long story short, it always shows many colorful horizontal lines(for about 0.5s) after wake up from sleep mode(maybe >1 hour sleep).

is the external monitor (tv) connected to your MBA when you wake it from sleep? I leave my 2012 MBA connected to a TV pretty much all the time and only put it to sleep. When I wake the MBA up while connected to the TV I see what looks like static on the MBA screen for just a split second.

Kind of like this:
http://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/86338d1288707361-macbook-air-11-foto.jpg
(not my MBA, found the pic thru google.)

I've never noticed anything like that when I happen to not have my MBA connected to an external display.

keviny
Sep 12, 2013, 10:58 PM
is the external monitor (tv) connected to your MBA when you wake it from sleep? I leave my 2012 MBA connected to a TV pretty much all the time and only put it to sleep. When I wake the MBA up while connected to the TV I see what looks like static on the MBA screen for just a split second.

Kind of like this:
Image (http://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/86338d1288707361-macbook-air-11-foto.jpg)
(not my MBA, found the pic thru google.)

I've never noticed anything like that when I happen to not have my MBA connected to an external display.

That's it! And it also happens even when I don't connect MBA to a TV.:(

itsOver9000
Sep 12, 2013, 11:18 PM
That's it! And it also happens even when I don't connect MBA to a TV.:(

well, perhaps I was mistaken earlier - just got on my MBA and didn't see that static screen flash up. Tried reconnecting my tv to MBA a few times, sleeping and waking the MBA with and without tv connected. Must not do it every time. I know I have seen that "static" though.....

keviny
Sep 13, 2013, 02:50 AM
well, perhaps I was mistaken earlier - just got on my MBA and didn't see that static screen flash up. Tried reconnecting my tv to MBA a few times, sleeping and waking the MBA with and without tv connected. Must not do it every time. I know I have seen that "static" though.....

From the start, My MBA was fine before I connected it to TV.
But after that, it starts to show the horizontal lines for very short time(less than 1s) every time when it wakes up from sleep mode(not instantly close the lid then open) with or without TV connected.
Did I make myself clear? :D

itsOver9000
Sep 13, 2013, 07:37 AM
Have you tried resetting SMC or PRAM?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3604

keviny
Sep 15, 2013, 11:18 PM
Have you tried resetting SMC or PRAM?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3604

Thanks. I'll try this.:)

fabian43
Sep 16, 2013, 12:43 AM

Mine does the exact same thing. Worried

torsteinfromnor
Oct 10, 2013, 02:04 AM
I managed to reproduce the "error".

I shutdown my Mac and started it up again. Then it worked like normally. No horizontal lines.

I connected it to my tv with the hdmi adapter, this was no problem.

But when I plugged out the adapter and waked the Mac up from sleep mode the horizontal lines came back.

So, that's what trigger the horizontal lines.

When this error is triggered you have to restart or turn the computer off and on in order to fix it.

I have also had problems of the Mac staying black after sleeping. It won't wake up from sleeping mode, so I have to do a hardboot in order to start it again. It looks like its on, because the apple logo is glowing as it does when it is on.

I also hear a sound from the left side of the Mac when I wake it up from sleep mode.