Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiggs74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
I've got a mid-2007 iMac that does not appear to be able to run 64-bit kernel and has 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I've installed iTunes 11.1 beta 48 and have the .ipsw file all ready to go. However....because I'm on an older iMac, I get the error "iTunes was unable to load data class information from Sync Services" whenever I plug in my iPhone 5 to install GM. I'm thinking that installing GM will work but I won't be able to sync it until the official 11.1 comes out next week and the final bugs are fixed. But I'm honestly nervous about causing more problems than it's worth at this point. What are my options and do you forsee major complications??

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
I've got a mid-2007 iMac that does not appear to be able to run 64-bit kernel and has 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I've installed iTunes 11.1 beta 48 and have the .ipsw file all ready to go. However....because I'm on an older iMac, I get the error "iTunes was unable to load data class information from Sync Services" whenever I plug in my iPhone 5 to install GM. I'm thinking that installing GM will work but I won't be able to sync it until the official 11.1 comes out next week and the final bugs are fixed. But I'm honestly nervous about causing more problems than it's worth at this point. What are my options and do you forsee major complications??

Try visiting one of these support articles:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3744

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Mid-2007 iMacs are the oldest to support Mavericks/Mountain Lion. Yet they do have a 64-bit kernel and are able to handle iTunes 11.1 and iOS 7 GM. Not sure what your problem is.

Tiggs74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
I ran a Terminal command I'd found last night to turn on 64-bit kernel functionality on my iMac, but it didn't take. How exactly can I go about switching that on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.