Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
In iOS 6 you were able to select the phone number or email a specific contact to FaceTime in the contacts app. Now in iOS 7, when you click FaceTime within contacts app it'll FaceTime all eligible numbers and emails that are listed in that for that person's contact.

For example, my Gf has a personal iPhone and iPhone for work. When I FaceTime from iOS 7 it goes to both phones. This is stupid!!! I only want it to go to her personal phone but there's no way to do that now...

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
Maybe make two contacts?

Laura - Work
Laura

or something? Seems like you would want that anyways to differentiate if you text both.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Maybe make two contacts?

Laura - Work
Laura

or something? Seems like you would want that anyways to differentiate if you text both.

No, because when I text and type "Joe" it'll populate the box with Joe (Personal) or Joe (Work) and I can choose either or, although the numbers are listed in one contact.

This worked perfectly fine in iOS 6..not sure why they would change this.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Use the Facetime app.

before you comment, have you tried it??? When you select the contacts in the FaceTime app..if you click the number it will bring up the phone app, if you click the email it will bring up the email app. Only way to FaceTime is clicking the "video" button or the "audio" button under FaceTime for that contact.

There is no way to select a specific number just like in iOS 6. Even on OS X Mavericks the FaceTime app I can select the contact then select the email to FaceTime or the specific number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.