Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has started taking pre-orders for the iPhone 5c in 10 countries around the world, including the U.S., Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and the United Kingdom.

Pre-orders are available directly from Apple in most countries via the Apple Online Store and the Apple Store iOS App [Direct Link]; historically, the iOS app has been more resilient against traffic surges than the online store.

iphone5c5.jpg

In the U.S., Apple is selling the 16GB iPhone 5c on most carriers for $99 with a two-year contract, while the 32GB version is $199. T-Mobile is offering the 5c for $0 down plus 24 monthly payments of $22 per month.

There is also an unlocked GSM version of the 5c available for $549 (16GB) and $649 (32GB). All models come in blue, green, pink, yellow and white.

The iPhone 5c will go on sale next Friday, September 20, and the initial crop of orders should arrive that day. The iPhone 5s will have no pre-order period and will go on sale the same day.

In the U.S., pre-orders are available from:

Apple:
- Apple Online Store
- Apple Store iOS App [Direct Link]

Carriers:
- AT&T
- Verizon
- Sprint
- T-Mobile

Third-Party Resellers:
- Walmart (In-Store Only, offering the iPhone 5c for $79)
- Best Buy (In-Store Only, must purchase $50 gift card to pre-order, can be used towards cost of phone)
- Radio Shack (In-Store Only)
- Target (In-Store Only)

Article Link: iPhone 5c Pre-Orders Begin in 10 Countries

Last edited:

thaifood

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
Australian Apple iOS store app seems to be working fine for any Aussies interested in the phone.

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
I have a 5 and if it were to die I would get this over the 5S. Having the colors would be worth it to me. I always preferred the plastic feel of the 3G over the other ones.

Pastries

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2012
Just a heads up the iPhone app works right now, just preordered an iPhone 5C and got a confirmation email right now, no delays.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Too bad everyone wants the 5s.

I have a 5 and typically update every other year. The touch ID and faster chip is nice but as much as I am a die-hard Apple fan, there are two key issues:

1. Next year's 6 needs to come in two sizes, a 4.8-5 inch screen to rival the competitors because people do want bigger, and the current size. And not just keeping the 5S around, but actually offering the new model in two sizes that both get whatever new hardware bells and whistles come along.

2. While I have been beta testing iOS 7 I would have to say that some features are nice, but on the whole there are simply too many mistakes and wrong turns. Getting away from skeumorphism is a good idea, there are still issues with the new iOS. Probably the biggest is the reluctance to make an even larger paradigm shift. This was the first real shakeup and they didn't take advantage of the change to really change. A few features and different colors/icons/styles doesn't count.

Here's to hoping for some real innovation for iOS 8 or 9 in the next year or two as well as with the iPhone 6.

vmistery

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2010
UK
Just checked the vodafone / three / o2 and ee websites in the uk, all except 3 are now accepting pre orders for the 5C and websites are working fine. Applestore uk also gliding along nicely. Certainly everything working better than when I was trying to preorder my 5 on Vodafone last year

Edit: 3 have now caught up. Lets rock n roll! well the people that want one anyway!

Last edited:

ezatech

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2011
Checked the Australian (Apple) site. $869.00 for a iPhone5c 32GB you had got to be kidding me.

Last edited:

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
Just got the 5C 32Gb!

Excited to go from my 5 to 5C since it has a better battery, front time FT camera, and new durable design!

After trading in my phone to Gazelle for $335 and buying this, plus a dock, plus Apple Care...I'm breaking even!

PS - Got it on the App!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.