Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baltish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Hello I've dropped my macbook air A1369 (EMC 2392) and the screen light is gone, using headlight I managed to see, and backup my data, sound was working... Later I pushed turn off button and closed the lid, after that there was no sign of life. Tried to charge, charging works from orange to green, but nothing.. Still dead, no response from the start button, also tried reset smc.
What could it be?

lina231

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2013
Hello I've dropped my macbook air A1369 (EMC 2392) and the screen light is gone, using headlight I managed to see, and backup my data, sound was working... Later I pushed turn off button and closed the lid, after that there was no sign of life. Tried to charge, charging works from orange to green, but nothing.. Still dead, no response from the start button, also tried reset smc.
What could it be?

You killed it...

macs4nw

macrumors 601
What could it be?

Could be a number of things, difficult to speculate. If it is a fairly newer unit, take it to a genius bar, if that is an option for you. For a nominal fee they will tell you what's wrong, and give you a written estimate. Good luck!

AppleMacNerd

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2013
United Kingdom
So how do explain that after that i managed to backup data?

Something inside on the logic board could of been damaged you using it maybe could of caused more problems but it managed to stay alive while it was turned on, then you turning it off and it might just not have will to come back alive.
Something could of short-circuited, small component broke off and moved out of place..

Multiple reasons take it to Apple Genius Bar. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.