Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
yeah this is another bug from around beta 5... when leaving the phone idle for a while and trying to wake the device, wifi would not appear till like 8 seconds later whcih is very annoying, and if you want to do something fast like check an email or something you have to use 3G or LTE till the darn thing hooks back again wtf?

now i've noticed this isn't a recurrent issue sometimes it grabs wifi like iOS 6 sometimes it takes less 2 or 3 seconds, but after a while not using the phone and waking it up behaviour resumes

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
Seems pretty quick for me.

I mean it does need to find, and authenticate on your WiFi network so it may take a few seconds.

So for for me (GM + VZN iPhone 5) it's been within 2-4 seconds max since I installed it yesterday.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
No problems here on my iPad, iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S. Did you update throughout the Betas or did you clean install as they were released?

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
now I know this issue has lots of angles to it, how far you are from the router etc

all these tests i've made have been from the same spot, it started to happen back in iOS 7 beta 5, yeah I haven't had the luck of making a clean install because there isn't iTunes 11.1 for windows yet, I hope this might resolve all my pains.

for what it's worth it has never happened to me i've had this router since the 3GS days

Last edited:

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
hopefully this means they fixed the bug where iOS keeps the IP when it goes to sleep and doesn't tell the DHCP server. i've had lots of IP conflicts on my network because of this

taking a long time probably means its asking for a new IP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.