PDA

View Full Version : Airport / Wifi won't turn on

btnoel
Sep 13, 2013, 10:59 AM
Hi all. Would appreciate some help with this issue! For several months now, if I turn my wifi off, for example while flying, it will not turn back on. I have to restart for the wifi to come back on. Anyone else experience this and/or have a fix? It also seems as of late that Airport either takes forever to pick up wifi signals or simply will not find them at all.

2010 Air OSX10.7.5

Thanks!

Mrbobb
Sep 14, 2013, 01:55 AM
A always good thing to do is to refresh your list of "Preferred Networks," all the SSID your laptop has learned in the past and now every time it wakes up, it goes through whole list again, taking time. Just delete them all, except the ones that you know u use everyday and see how that goes.

If that doesn't do it, you need to answer, does the needed restart only occurs at one location or does it happen at all locations? If one location only, you may have a new neighbor who's using the same WIFI channel as yours.

flowrider
Sep 14, 2013, 11:25 AM
Hi all. Would appreciate some help with this issue! For several months now, if I turn my wifi off, for example while flying, it will not turn back on. I have to restart for the wifi to come back on. Anyone else experience this and/or have a fix? It also seems as of late that Airport either takes forever to pick up wifi signals or simply will not find them at all.

2010 Air OSX10.7.5

Thanks!

That has not been my experience with any of my Macs, including my Macbook Air. I can turn WiFi on and off (at will) from the WiFi Icon at the top of the screen and if I just click on it it searches for nearby networks displays them, shows their strength and allows me to choose. Powering on and off has never been necessary.

Lou