Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inscapes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Vancouver B.C.
hi Folks,

i'm on a 2009 macbook pro, recently wiped the HD and did a clean install of Mountain Lion, from app store. A previous install had some problems related to disk corruptions; all is fixed and fine now.

I had several backups on Time Machine, from the previous "faulty" upgrade to Mountain Lion, and from Lion further back.

There's 2 apps I'm now missing (Aperture and Microsoft Office 11), which I'm now missing and have lost the serials to or cannot install any other way.

Is is possible to "recover" / re-install specific "parts" of a Time-Machine backup, like these 2 apps, or does one have to re-install the whole thing?

Seemed like last time I tried to recover thru Time Machine, there was no dialogue box about choosing specifics to recover, only to choose WHICH time machine backup to recover FROM.

Thanks for any helpful hints on this ...

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
If you know the locations of the files, then you can use the Time Machine application and restore those files directly from the backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.