PDA

View Full Version : Kies on mac won't recognise my Galaxy Nexus

jojoba
Sep 14, 2013, 10:32 AM
Has anyone had this problem and been able to solve it? Kies just gets stuck at "connecting". It says it has installed the necessary drivers.

I'm not looking for ways to transfer files, but I want to clone/back up so I can do a factory restart on my phone.

skratch77
Sep 14, 2013, 12:46 PM
I thought kies was a Samsung touchwize app feature? I don't remember kies being on my nexus endless you installed it but not sure it will even work on vanilla android

ChrisTX
Sep 14, 2013, 08:04 PM
I thought kies was a Samsung touchwize app feature? I don't remember kies being on my nexus endless you installed it but not sure it will even work on vanilla android

It isn't. Kies only works with Touch Wiz enabled devices, not Nexus devices. Download Android File Transfer, and call it a day.

viskon
Sep 14, 2013, 08:31 PM
Kies won't work with the GNex.

Elit3
Sep 14, 2013, 10:42 PM
Has anyone had this problem and been able to solve it? Kies just gets stuck at "connecting". It says it has installed the necessary drivers.

I'm not looking for ways to transfer files, but I want to clone/back up so I can do a factory restart on my phone.

Kies is for Samsung Touchwiz, not samsung manufactured Google phones, you don't need kies, you use the phone like it is a USB.

jojoba
Sep 15, 2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks everyone! I've downloaded the Android file transfer now.

JeffiJers
Sep 15, 2013, 10:35 AM
Galaxy nexus and mac was always funky.

android file transfer slowed my mac down big time (typing lag etc.)

Have an S4 now, just use airdroid

bnnentertainmen
Sep 15, 2013, 10:46 AM
also had this problem with my galaxy nexus, never got rid of it, had to use my windows computer. i have to say: Kies is the worst software ever made by samsung, they need to improve it.

lazard
Sep 15, 2013, 10:56 AM
also had this problem with my galaxy nexus, never got rid of it, had to use my windows computer. i have to say: Kies is the worst software ever made by samsung, they need to improve it.

Kies is for Samsung phone using touchwiz interface. Galaxy Nexus doesn't use touchwiz.

Shanghaichica
Sep 16, 2013, 05:27 PM
And sometimes Kies doesn't work with touchwiz based devices. It has a mind of its own.

adder7712
Sep 17, 2013, 04:09 AM
And sometimes Kies doesn't work with touchwiz based devices. It has a mind of its own.
Indeed had considerable trouble in getting Kies to recognise my S III on my MacBook. Didn't also fare well on Windows too.

Tarzanman
Sep 17, 2013, 10:10 AM
uninstall Kies. One of the few programs out there that is actually worse than iTunes

MacRumorUser
Sep 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
Kies is quite possibly one of the worst syncing apps 'ever' conceived.

It has the ability to kill (performance wise) a workstation let alone anything less powered - awful programme.

Tinmania
Sep 17, 2013, 11:28 AM

Amen to that.

Michael