PDA

View Full Version : iMac Disc Spitting!

ClarkeB
Nov 25, 2005, 06:00 PM
This problem has just started. When I eject a disc, instead of just staying in the area of the optical drive, the CD is pushed out rapidly and ends up going between my desk and my wall (I moved it after the fifth disc). What should I do to resolve this issue? Could it be because I opened my iMac today to remove a stick of RAM? Should I run TechTools?

Thanks.

iMeowbot
Nov 25, 2005, 06:17 PM
I know there have been threads about this problem before, but I can't seem to find the magic search terms to draw them out. It's the drive, now you know why slot loaders are usually horizontally mounted :) Get in touch with Apple or buy a nice catcher's mitt.

doucy2
Nov 25, 2005, 06:18 PM
i have a brand new catchers mit almost
but it not for sale, sorry man
report this to apple maby they will fix it

Daedalus256
Nov 25, 2005, 10:30 PM
This reminds me of a story my friend told me. His old iMac locked up so he inserted the restore disc. It ate the restore disc and still wouldn't boot. So after about a week of it not booting, he just punched it really hard. The disc came out and the thing booted flawlessly. I was in tears after I heard that.

mjstew33
Nov 25, 2005, 10:41 PM
This reminds me of a story my friend told me. His old iMac locked up so he inserted the restore disc. It ate the restore disc and still wouldn't boot. So after about a week of it not booting, he just punched it really hard. The disc came out and the thing booted flawlessly. I was in tears after I heard that.
Wow. You don't hear that everyday.

To answer the question - this a definite "must call Apple" solution.

stevietheb
Nov 26, 2005, 12:32 AM
My iMac G5 spits disks too...I'd say that about 50-60% of the time, my iMac spits the disc all the way out.

Do let me know if you find a solution.

Mechcozmo
Nov 26, 2005, 02:03 AM
Symptomes: Overactive springy thingy in optical drive.

Cure: Surgery at an AppleCare center.