Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
htc-one-gold-1.jpg

http://www.androidcentral.com/gold-htc-one-casing-shown-leaked-image

DISCLAIMER: yes I know Apple didn't invent the color gold, and there were gold phones before iPhone. And that HTC was probably working on this for a while. Saying Apple is starting a trend was just a joke. ;) I'm just a little amused to see a leaked photo of this after the iPhone 5S announcement.

Last edited:

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
You are implying the following things:

1. There were no gold colored phones before the new iPhone, or
2. You know for a fact that HTC is creating this directly as a result of the new iPhone.

:rolleyes:

Neither of these things is true.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Lol, it was only a matter of time. ;)

I'd love to see what the backside looks like. I love the look of the silver and black One's but the new blue one is ugly IMO. I think colored aluminum looks ok in smaller things (like iPod nano/shuffle) but with big phones/phablets I think metallics look better.

htc-one-blue-8_610x458.jpg

----------

You are implying the following things:

1. There were no gold colored phones before the new iPhone, or
2. You know for a fact that HTC is creating this directly as a result of the new iPhone.

:rolleyes:

Neither of these things is true.

Sigh. I knew I should have put in a disclaimer. Btw, I wasn't being totally serious. Lighten up.

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I'd love to see what the backside looks like. I love the look of the silver and black One's but the new blue one is ugly IMO. I think colored aluminum looks ok in smaller things (like iPod nano/shuffle) but with big phones/phablets I think metallics look better.

----------

Sigh. I knew I should have put in a disclaimer. Btw, I wasn't being totally serious. Lighten up.

My bad...I haven't graduated from psychic school yet ;)

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Then it's safe to say that Motorola started a trend?:rolleyes:

When did I say Apple was first with anything? I'm not being totally serious here. I just think its kind of funny that after Apple's gold iPhone is announced we get this leak of an HTC gold phone. Maybe Apple and HTC know something we don't. :)

ItHurtsWhenIP

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
'Merica!
I think they're both ugly (though the iPhone looks much nicer than the One)...I'd say they're ugly and blah blah blah, but as always..the market will decide if Gold is here to stay.

Elit3

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012

http://www.androidcentral.com/gold-htc-one-casing-shown-leaked-image

DISCLAIMER: yes I know Apple didn't invent the color gold, and there were gold phones before iPhone. And that HTC was probably working on this for a while. Saying Apple is starting a trend was just a joke. ;) I'm just a little amused to see a leaked photo of this after the iPhone 5S announcement.

You don't make a phone in 3 days, people don't understand this, just because a company got it out first, doesn't mean others are copying, these leaked ages ago! Oh let's say Apple copied Moto X with iphone 5C, there was a month gap. NO! Apple already had the 5C in production, as did HTC.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
You don't make a phone in 3 days, people don't understand this, just because a company got it out first, doesn't mean others are copying, these leaked ages ago! Oh let's say Apple copied Moto X with iphone 5C, there was a month gap. NO! Apple already had the 5C in production, as did HTC.

Geez lighten up. I've already said I'm not being totally serious. I just think its funny that Apple is getting snickers and raised eyebrows for coming out with a gold phone but it looks like HTC is working on one too.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
Geez lighten up. I've already said I'm not being totally serious. I just think its funny that Apple is getting snickers and raised eyebrows for coming out with a gold phone but it looks like HTC is working on one too.

apple is the design standard. at least in their own minds and the minds of their most ardent fans

you think there is a htc fan who a)knows the name of their lead designer and b)has the face of said designer as his avatar on a forum?

Elit3

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012

Ah okay, sorry for that, it was probably a bad day or something. Apple is getting the laughs, I have heard people put on a "posh" accent, and say "champagne gold, yes yes yes" mocking em, also Samsung has announced a gold variant also.

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint
This whole going gold is pure genius by Apple. Many people, in many countries are so insecure about who they are, that they believe a certain phone or certain color of that phone will elevate their status in the eyes of their peers.

While genius on Apple's part for marketing a phone, it's really a sad editorial on the state of our society. And that is the part that sickens me.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
This whole going gold is pure genius by Apple. Many people, in many countries are so insecure about who they are, that they believe a certain phone or certain color of that phone will elevate their status in the eyes of their peers.

While genius on Apple's part for marketing a phone, it's really a sad editorial on the state of our society. And that is the part that sickens me.

And the 5S looks cool as Hell in gold. Once the frenzy dies down it's the model I intend on getting.

Somehow I doubt other makers of Johnny come lately gold models well get the same enthusiastic reaction for some reason.

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
htc really needs to make this a gold and red colored phone if they're going to have tony stark pitch their crap.

APhillyApple

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
Wow, these other phone companies are lame as hell. They swing from Apples bag so hard. Lol, lots of serious butt hurt in this thread.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Gold isn't out mate, they announced an extra color.

You sure?

Quote:

Folks, for whoever is still worried about this, Samsung actually released the S4 Gold edition before Apple's keynote:

YQtU3Ko.png

"About a month ago on August 27th, Samsung launched the GALAXY S4 Gold edition in the United Arab Emirates (These were available in stores starting September 8th). It’s since also been released in Kuwait and Qatar," writes author "A."

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...-golden-history-of-making-gold-colored-phones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.