PDA

View Full Version : Though love Apple products, currently digging my Lumia 822..

dsr2
Sep 15, 2013, 02:08 PM
I use the Apple world for a lot of things, but I started to use my Lumia 822 when the Amber update turned on the FM transmitter. Since I am a bit of a gadget nomad when it comes to electronics, I assumed I would be done with it in a week.

However, I discovered something odd. The lumia pushes my mail to my phone faster than my ipads do. I will be sitting at my desk on my ipad and my phone will buzz and invariably my lumia is getting my mail before my ipad. Both gmail and yahoo.

I found that extremely odd. If anyone can explain why, I'd love to know. I happens both on wifi and on Verizon lite.

Also, I find texting on the lumia easier, as it tends to come up with the next word that I am going to text before I even start the word. I guess it must somehow remember my texts and give me a list of possible words.

Anyway, while the 5C and 5S do look attractive, I may old off for a while and play nice with my Lumia.

thejadedmonkey
Sep 15, 2013, 02:15 PM
I have the 820, and I think it's the best phone! High end internals, small size, and all of the bells and whistles.

NuggetSauce
Sep 15, 2013, 02:38 PM
Cool deal. post a sample photo from the Lumia.

dsr2
Sep 15, 2013, 03:09 PM
Sorry, don't use it for photos but I'd suspect the photos are decent. The screen on this is very sharp and I believe the Amber update made some improvements to the camera.

scott craft
Sep 15, 2013, 04:06 PM
I had the 822 before switching to the 8X. I love the way the 822 screen can be read easily in bright sunlight.

Jessica Lares
Sep 15, 2013, 04:26 PM
I have the 520. These phones are great, definitely. Here's a shot from that. I only cropped it in Preview.

http://f.cl.ly/items/2J0T0F2W3E270O2e0e1K/flower.jpg