Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsr2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
I use the Apple world for a lot of things, but I started to use my Lumia 822 when the Amber update turned on the FM transmitter. Since I am a bit of a gadget nomad when it comes to electronics, I assumed I would be done with it in a week.

However, I discovered something odd. The lumia pushes my mail to my phone faster than my ipads do. I will be sitting at my desk on my ipad and my phone will buzz and invariably my lumia is getting my mail before my ipad. Both gmail and yahoo.

I found that extremely odd. If anyone can explain why, I'd love to know. I happens both on wifi and on Verizon lite.

Also, I find texting on the lumia easier, as it tends to come up with the next word that I am going to text before I even start the word. I guess it must somehow remember my texts and give me a list of possible words.

Anyway, while the 5C and 5S do look attractive, I may old off for a while and play nice with my Lumia.

dsr2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
Sorry, don't use it for photos but I'd suspect the photos are decent. The screen on this is very sharp and I believe the Amber update made some improvements to the camera.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I have the 520. These phones are great, definitely. Here's a shot from that. I only cropped it in Preview.

flower.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.