PDA

View Full Version : MBA for Flash/Streaming

wrsorg
Sep 16, 2013, 07:03 AM
I am on the verge of buying a 13" MBA, 8Gb of RAM and 256Gb of storage - still undecided on the processor, though. I normally used my MBP for college stuff, surfing the web, lots of writing through Word, basic spreadsheets, watching movies, while listening to music through iTunes or Youtube on 80% of the time. I think the higher end Air would hold his own for theses tasks. The only thing that gets me a little unsure about buying it is my sports addiction; I watch plenty of games (ranging from NBA, NFL to soccer) through my laptop. Normally, they are flash streams (and I know flash sucks). Do you believe that it would be a big problem? If the Haswell rMBPs were available I would probably pay the extra 500/600 and go for them (not 100% sure if I will get used to having a 13" laptop for daily use), but the Air seems to do everything I want perfectly!

HarryWarden
Sep 16, 2013, 10:34 AM
I use my 13-inch MBA for streaming of NFL games. Works perfectly. Don't see why it wouldn't for the other sports as well though obviously a lot depends on the quality of the server/company offering the streaming.