PDA

View Full Version : ipod just opened already scratched!!!!

taeclee99
Dec 29, 2002, 09:16 PM
Ok, I scratched the white plastic part using a "non scratch cloth." The same one i use for my glasses. It is barely noticeable and can only been seen under direct light. My ipod has been outta the box only 30 minutes and scratched already.

Some questions.

What is the best way to clean it? Does anyone know of a true non scratch cloth to wipe the smudges of the ipod?

Is there any way to remove the minor scratches from the plastic?

What is the best case?

TIA

janey
Jan 18, 2003, 09:26 PM
Note: DO NOT under any circumstances use the case that comes with the iPod (assuming you have a 10 or 20gb model). After one week, the case itself scratched my iPod.

I use the iKlear (http://iklear.com) apple polish singles with my iPod and my iBook (which of course gets a new scratch every two minutes). They're pretty decent. :)

My fav case is the graphite jam jacket (http://everythingipod.com) the only drawback is how dirty the case itself gets.

I doubt that it's possible to remove the scratches on the plastic. Can't get mine off (my iPod is in pretty bad shape considering the fact that I've had it for about a month and a half-the filthy and disgusting iPods at the Apple Store are in better shape!)

MacFan25
Jan 23, 2003, 07:14 PM
I don't mean to be anal, but why is this thread in the Switch Stories section? But anyway, I don't have an iPod (not yet anyway), but does the chrome or whatever it is on the back of the iPod get dirty or show fingerprints quick?

RBMaraman
Jan 23, 2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
does the chrome or whatever it is on the back of the iPod get dirty or show fingerprints quick?

I got a 10Gb iPod for Christmas, and I love it. But, the chrome does show fingerprints very easily. Just picking it up leaves marks. But, I just glide it across my cotton t-shirt, and it looks as clean as the day I opened the box. Overall, the iPod is very easy to clean and take care of.