Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
I have noticed that now in the AppStore if you go to see when the reviews were written it no longer tells you the day it was written. I have also noticed that the reviews seemed to have been from back in 2012 when it use to tell you the date of the review which I found weird.

Anyone noticed this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 109

marsmissions

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2010
Washington, US
And this bothers you...why exactly?

I'm going to get banned if I tell you why.

I don't think the dates are entirely necessary. It only shows reviews for the current version of the app unless you request otherwise still right? If that is the case it doesn't matter how old the review is for the current version because all of the reviews are for the same version.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Is it possible to sort reviews by most recent on the iPhone in iOS 7?

I know you can currently sort reviews by Most Recent, Most Helpful, etc. on the iPad in iOS 6 but not on the iPhone in iOS 6. I never understood why you're able to sort reviews on the iPad but not on the iPhone. And no, lack of screen real estate is not a valid reason for not being able to sort reviews on the iPhone.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
I'm going to get banned if I tell you why.

I don't think the dates are entirely necessary. It only shows reviews for the current version of the app unless you request otherwise still right? If that is the case it doesn't matter how old the review is for the current version because all of the reviews are for the same version.

Well I don't know why you would get mad in the first place. Anger managament issues perhaps?

And maybe yeah because it's sort of by the current version of the App

----------

Is it possible to sort reviews by most recent on the iPhone in iOS 7?

I know you can currently sort reviews by Most Recent, Most Helpful, etc. on the iPad in iOS 6 but not on the iPhone in iOS 6. I never understood why you're able to sort reviews on the iPad but not on the iPhone. And no, lack of screen real estate is not a valid reason for not being able to sort reviews on the iPhone.

Yeah in the macs you are. but not in the iPhone. You can sort by versions of the app but that's it.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
You're also able to sort reviews in the App Store on the iPad via Newest First, Most Helpful, Most Favorable, and Most Critical. We should be able to have the same sorting ability on the iPhone, as well. It's not like sorting reviews this way is only beneficial on the iPad or the Mac.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
You're also able to sort reviews in the App Store on the iPad via Newest First, Most Helpful, Most Favorable, and Most Critical. We should be able to have the same sorting ability on the iPhone, as well. It's not like sorting reviews this way is only beneficial on the iPad or the Mac.

Yes I agree. Never knew it had it in the iPad. But I don't have one so ueah

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I couldn't care about the dates.

I'd rather see what device the person is reviewing from. Sure it's not as important as Android where every device is literally completely different from the next, but I'd like to see if someone was having lag issues on a 4 compared to my 5, or they had crashing on their iPad 3, or they had issues on the 5C, or something specific to the iPad mini, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.