Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
When I press "Option" during the boot screen, I see the "Startup Manager", which allows me choose to boot on OS X, Windows, or on a network volume.

However, every time I do that, the Startup Manager takes a while to load because it has to scan for wi-fi networks. Is there a way to skip that or to not allow the system to scan for networks, making it faster to load the Startup Manager?

Thanks in advance.

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
When I press "Option" during the boot screen, I see the "Startup Manager", which allows me choose to boot on OS X, Windows, or on a network volume.

However, every time I do that, the Startup Manager takes a while to load because it has to scan for wi-fi networks. Is there a way to skip that or to not allow the system to scan for networks, making it faster to load the Startup Manager?

Thanks in advance.

Not that I am aware of. You may try to install a third party EFI boot picker and skip the Apple bootpicker. I don't believe the third party EFI picker will look for WiFi bootable device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.