PDA

View Full Version : iTunes extra on an AppleTV2 - Macbook Air, and a WinXP itunes server ...

ftaok
Sep 18, 2013, 08:10 AM
OK, here's my issue. AppleTV2 does not play iTunes extra movies. I have no idea why, but it just doesn't.

I've recently gotten two Blu-rays with iTunes Digital Copy and they downloaded onto my WinXP iTunes server. The HD and the iTunes extra both downloaded.

So the problem is that if I want to watch the iTunes extra (for director commentary and other stuff), I have to watch it on my Macbook air. My WinXP server is a Pentium4 and doesn't have the umph to play HD video. I'd like to watch the video on my TV, which has an AppleTV2 connected. My Macbook air can mirror to the aTV, except Airplay isn't available on the Macbook air unless the video is on the air's hard drive. If I access the movie using Home Sharing within iTunes to connect to the WinXP server, Airplay disappears.

So here's my request. Can anyone using Mavericks check to see if this restriction has been lifted? I'm in the process of switching my iTunes server over to a Hackintosh, but it's on Snow Leopard. I could (with a lot of trouble) update it to Lion to get Airplay (I think), but if Mavericks allow for my Rube Goldberg approach, I won't bother.

Thanks in advance.