Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yaymath

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Do you HAVE to back up everything before updating to iOS 7? I have an iCloud back up for everything except the Camera Roll, which is 7.5 GB. I know that having a back up is recommended but currently I don't have an access to a computer, so an iTunes back up is not possible.

hrrslmpk

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2013
Do you HAVE to back up everything before updating to iOS 7? I have an iCloud back up for everything except the Camera Roll, which is 7.5 GB. I know that having a back up is recommended but currently I don't have an access to a computer, so an iTunes back up is not possible.

It's not required but it is highly recommended :) wouldn't wanna lose any of your personal data and it only takes a moment.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

It's not required. And if you have an iCloud backup, then you have a backup. Feel free to update. All of your data should be there just as it was before the update. If it's not, you have your iCloud backup as security.

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK

Taking a backup is always a good idea whether it's a major update or a minor update. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.