Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Just wonder what everyone thinks who had
Not used the Beta version...

good and Bad...

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I love the simple look and feel, very clean and straight forward

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
The new folder layout sucks, especially on an iPad.

Upgrading to iOS 7 turned on Messages and reset screen lock/passcode timers. All bad things in my opinion.

And worst of all on my iPod touch, I can't play music. I'm going through a DFU mode restore on it right now to see if I can fix this issue.

sodaftl

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
iOS 7 looks cleaner.

a few changes need to be advertised like the swipe-to-the-left in list to delete/move (used to be a swipe-to-the-right in iOS 6).

the panoramic wallpaper does not work. looked cool in beta versions...

Cutterschoice

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2012
Looks childish i tried to keep an open mind, but i hate it, the block at the bottom looks daft, i've left it on my mini for now, reverted back to 6 on my iphone, i was going to line up for a 5s, going to skip it for now.

11bE5

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Spokane Wa
I'm absolutely in love with it looks clean refreshing and just awesome the icons well they'll takes some getting used to but the over all experience is GREAT!! The whole slow down thing I'm not seeing but it seems a little less fluid than ios6 but why wouldn't it it's a brand new take and it will take some time for things ringer tweaked. Over all best iOS to date for me!

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Looks childish i tried to keep an open mind, but i hate it, the block at the bottom looks daft, i've left it on my mini for now, reverted back to 6 on my iphone, i was going to line up for a 5s, going to skip it for now.

You can go back???

There's hope! :)

Cutterschoice

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2012
You can go back???

There's hope! :)

Yeah it wasn't to bad, first time i've done it, although you lose everything, game progress contacts etc, luckly i had a back up, i wouldn't recommend doing it today, it took me about 30min to activate, was worried i broke it.

LWP777

Suspended
Sep 20, 2010
The new folder layout sucks, especially on an iPad.

Upgrading to iOS 7 turned on Messages and reset screen lock/passcode timers. All bad things in my opinion.

And worst of all on my iPod touch, I can't play music. I'm going through a DFU mode restore on it right now to see if I can fix this issue.

It takes less than a minute to fix the lock/passcode timers.

----------

I absolutely love it. Love the new wallpapers and ring tones. The control panel is great. I'm not seeing any lag (or at least I just don't notice it). This is a great IOS and it will just keep getting better and better.

Cutterschoice

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2012
Depending on what version of phone you have, i have the 4s, download the image:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/download-iphone-ios-firmware

(I used a torrent it was faster).

Put the phone in DFU mode:

and follow this from readwrite.com

To put your iPhone in DFU mode:

Hold down the home and power button for 10 seconds.
Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button for eight seconds.

This process sets up your phone automatically for a restore. It is not technically required to downgrade to iOS 6. At the same time, using DFU mode will not have any negative effect on restoring to iOS 6. You can use it if it makes you comfortable.

Once your iPhone is recognized by iTunes, simply hold the Alt/Option button on a Mac or the shift key on a Windows machine and click "Restore iPhone..." The option to choose the iOS6 .ipsw file will pop up, the same way it does when upgrading to iOS 7.

http://readwrite.com/2013/06/13/how-to-downgrade-from-ios-7-beta-back-to-ios-6#awesm=~ohPeOw9kIltyXj

(Sorry mods if this isn't allowed here).

Impuls3101

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2013
Just like any new toy it seems amazing at first but after a week of using it I am tired of it and miss iOS 6. I know it will take time to work out the bugs but it just doesn't feel like an OS that is up to apples design standards.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Well, I'll probably get used to it. The blinding white light will burn my retinas
( it IS a retina display) and I will

Become HOLY..........and One with.......my new glasses.

Markovich

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
Central Ohio
OK, bucking the trend here, my first impression on a 4S ( downloaded directly on phone-1hour)...YUCK. Where do I begin? First , the flat, candy icons look amateurish, or they were designed by Fisher Price. In all honesty, Apple has created the world's first chick OS...it reminds me of a cosmetics counter. My manager ( a 45yo woman) agreed and said the icons looked "cute". Sigh...

The trend within their apps ( and in Mac OS X as well) to go greyscale or minimal design , in my eyes, reduces functionality and ease of use. At 50 years of age, I find greyscale icons/toolbars difficult to use and to discern which is greyed out or not.

I also abhor the Search function popping up EVERY time I pull down the icons on the home screen too far. Wish there was a preference for that.

Auto updating of apps, nice...but would rather have the ability to IGNORE an update on specific apps. The newest version isn't always the best...IOS 7 is a case in point.

Overall too much emphasis on eye candy and less on function.

Back to IOS 6 when I get home!

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Ther you have it Markovich

This thing is not handicapped friendly (handicapped by advanced years that is :D....sorry )

They need a special version for humans. Not just for Angels and fairies

( no offense to fairies. I have fairy friends )

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I'm absolutely in love with it looks clean refreshing and just awesome the icons well they'll takes some getting used to but the over all experience is GREAT!! The whole slow down thing I'm not seeing but it seems a little less fluid than ios6 but why wouldn't it it's a brand new take and it will take some time for things ringer tweaked. Over all best iOS to date for me!

I agree. I love it too #

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.