Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewishMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2007
Looks like it's been removed, unfortunately.

Whoever thought it would be a better idea to have 4 apps (video, music, podcasts, & iTunesU) instead of 1 should be fired.

If someone finds a work-around you'll be blessed!

>

NewishMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2007
They removed podcasts from the Music player shortly after they released the standalone Podcast app last year as I recall.

It's been over a year since that was possible.

I found this article which reminded me...

http://www.macworld.com/article/1167438/hands_on_with_apples_podcasts_for_ios.html

Last year when you installed the standalone podcast app it removed podcasts from the Music player. In iOS 7 they must be gone for good (from the music player).

Yeah, I think it was part of the iOS 6 update.

Yeah, they originally removed it a while back (a year or so), but you could add it back in by synching your podcasts through iTunes with no Podcast or iTunesU installed on the phone.

I did that and have been running podcasts and iTunesU content through Music successfully since then.

...until now

>

vrillusions

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio, US
Yeah, they originally removed it a while back (a year or so), but you could add it back in by synching your podcasts through iTunes with no Podcast or iTunesU installed on the phone.

I did that and have been running podcasts and iTunesU content through Music successfully since then.

...until now

+1

Actually I didn't even realize there was a podcasts app for a while and never installed it. the music app played podcasts just fine. Welp now looks like I don't have a choice. Even better I can't download the podcast app because the store is swamped right now.

Buckster

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
I've just come across this annoyance with IOS7 too :( as an avid Podcast listener - I do quite like syncing via Itunes as I find it easy to manage that way

also I listen/watch some on my computer via Itunes and some on the hop on the phone - this is much harder now too as my local Itunes on computer now has no downloaded podcasts ?

unless I am missing something ?

in fact I can't even seem to get the Podcasts app to work properly on my Iphone it just seems to hang on entry into the app - shows my list of subscriptions but then freezes ?

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
in fact I can't even seem to get the Podcasts app to work properly on my Iphone it just seems to hang on entry into the app - shows my list of subscriptions but then freezes ?

I'm having the same issue, glad and not glad to see at the same that other people are having that issue.

morphineseason

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
Can't believe there hasn't been an iOS 7 re-design of the podcasts app yet. Hopefully they release an update within the week. Seems like something that should have been there launch day though.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
I've also been using the Music app to play podcasts. Having to use the Podcasts app is really damn annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.