PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Radio was released today, except for me...

Chad McCan
Sep 18, 2013, 07:58 PM
Where the F is iTunes Radio??? People are posting videos of using it. I have 3 atv's (all 3rd gen) and I don't have the icon on any of them.

My software is up to date and I've rebooted my units. I have a "radio" icon, but nothing that says "itunes radio".

Anyone else seeing this?

waw74
Sep 18, 2013, 08:20 PM
upgrade your phone/pad/ipod to iOS 7
upgrade iTunes to the latest version.

it's not out for the aTV yet.

ZeRoLiMiT
Sep 18, 2013, 10:56 PM
no Apple TV yet buddy relax

Anonymous Freak
Sep 18, 2013, 11:41 PM
Some media outlets incorrectly stated that iTunes Radio was available for :apple:tv. It is not yet.

elfy
Sep 19, 2013, 01:25 AM
I was searching everywhere on my iPhone for it until I discovered that it's a US only thing. :(

Jeaz
Sep 19, 2013, 01:29 AM
It's interesting to notice that the Apple TV update is not out yet. If it's just a day or two I wouldn't make too much of it, but if after a week and no update, it might be a sign that they are holding off for the rumoured Apple TV hardware refresh.

Toubro
Sep 19, 2013, 02:44 AM
I wouldn't put to much into it. The beta is out and I've been running that for about a month or so, where I have been able to use iTunes Radio in Denmark.
So I'm sure it's coming soon. iTunes Radio works fine, but I must admit, that for me personally, it won't get much use, as I don't see why my plasma tv should burn all that power to hear radio.

institute
Sep 19, 2013, 07:13 AM
You need to hook your ATV via optical into some kind of sound system. That way you can use it to stream music from your computer, or from radio when it hits, without the TV being on. I use the Kanto Yaro system for this:

http://kantoliving.com/product/audio/yaro

kevpan815
Sep 19, 2013, 07:52 AM
Seems the Update did NOT come out on October 18th as it was supposed to. Everyone who has ITunes Radio on their Apple TV's are still running Apple TV 6.0 Beta 4 (which is based on IOS 7 Beta 5). They have to release the GM Seed before October 5th, that's when Beta 4 Expires.

I downgraded to Apple TV 5.X (NOT sure what the version number is) and so far no Update to 6.0 has been offered yet. I guess we just need to wait.

Anonymous Freak
Sep 19, 2013, 11:33 AM
It's interesting to notice that the Apple TV update is not out yet. If it's just a day or two I wouldn't make too much of it, but if after a week and no update, it might be a sign that they are holding off for the rumoured Apple TV hardware refresh.

Um, it only has been a day so far. (Not even 24 hours yet...)

jmcgeejr
Sep 19, 2013, 01:00 PM
Um, it only has been a day so far. (Not even 24 hours yet...)

Yes but here's the kicker, they pulled the betas from my developer section as well, there is no software for atv avail period right now (other than what's out) I am thinking they are doing something that they dont want the general public to get a hold of. Perhaps gaming since they now have the built in gamepad software in there, one of the things they talked about with ios 7.

slothrob
Sep 20, 2013, 04:51 AM
It usually takes about a week for the aTV OS to be updated after an iOS update.

leeds utd fc
Sep 20, 2013, 09:29 AM
I was searching everywhere on my iPhone for it until I discovered that it's a US only thing. :(

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one! :p

Mr X
Sep 20, 2013, 01:03 PM

I'm in the UK but simply sign in with a US Itunes account in iTunes or on the phone and I have Itunes Radio :)

Anonymous Freak
Sep 20, 2013, 03:07 PM
There you go, AppleTV update has been released, two days after iOS 7 for iPhone. Nothing to get worried about.