Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iamayevee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
So this message pops up every minute or so, and my phone is not plugged into anything. I only use genuine Apple cables/accessories to begin with, so I don't know where this is coming from. I tried the usual powering down which didn't work. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 125

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
So this message pops up every minute or so, and my phone is not plugged into anything. I only use genuine Apple cables/accessories to begin with, so I don't know where this is coming from. I tried the usual powering down which didn't work. Any advice is appreciated.

Bring to an apple store or maybe you somehow got a fake one. Did it work with iOS 6? The cable should still work even with the error as I have the same thing happening to me but I know it is a non certified cable that still charges my iPhone 5.

Iamayevee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Bring to an apple store or maybe you somehow got a fake one. Did it work with iOS 6? The cable should still work even with the error as I have the same thing happening to me but I know it is a non certified cable that still charges my iPhone 5.

I'm using the charger that came with my phone, which I purchased at Apple. I have had no errors until I updated to iOS7.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Old 30 pin connector yeah? Swap the connectors on your phone with some rubbing alcohol. Dust gets in and shortens the circuits leading your phone to believe something's plugged in.

Iamayevee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Old 30 pin connector yeah? Swap the connectors on your phone with some rubbing alcohol. Dust gets in and shortens the circuits leading your phone to believe something's plugged in.

I have the iPhone5 ):

Iamayevee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Is the cable damaged in anyway. Also somewhere on the cable wire it should say "Designed by Apple in California" I believe to make sure it is authentic.
Do you have any other device with a lightning port to test your cable out on?

It is authentic. And the problem is the phone is not plugged in to begin with -.-
It seems I am the only one with this problem.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
It is authentic. And the problem is the phone is not plugged in to begin with -.-
It seems I am the only one with this problem.

Sorry for not reading properly.
I have never seen that error come up with out anything being plugged in.
Maybe air out/ clean the lightning port. That's the only thing I can think of.
Try a hard reset.

Iamayevee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Sorry for not reading properly.
I have never seen that error come up with out anything being plugged in.
Maybe air out/ clean the lightning port. That's the only thing I can think of.
Try a hard reset.

I blew into the port as hard as I could and so far no error lol. If it comes up again ill just take it to Apple. Thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.