PDA

View Full Version : Nexus 10

THE JUICEMAN
Sep 18, 2013, 11:30 PM
I didn't see any threads for this yet. I for one am looking forward to having this and the Nexus 5 combo soon. It will be my first tablet. I returned my Nexus 7. Screen was too small.

I will be weighing the Nexus 10 vs the iPad 5. Rumors suggest Google will ditch Samsung and partner with Asus. The leak tonight comes from a UK retailer. Link below.

What are everyone's thoughts on an Asus Nexus 10? I'm all for it over Samsung.

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/09/18/rumors-of-asus-made-nexus-10-backed-by-new-retailer-inventory-leak/

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/19/ry6yvuvu.jpg

onthecouchagain
Sep 18, 2013, 11:32 PM
I didn't see any threads for this yet. I for one am looking forward to having this and the Nexus 5 combo soon. It will be my first tablet. I returned my Nexus 7. Screen was too small.

I will be weighing the Nexus 10 vs the iPad 5. Rumors suggest Google will ditch Samsung and partner with Asus. The leak tonight comes from a UK retailer. Link below.

What are everyone's thoughts on an Asus Nexus 10? I'm all for it over Samsung.

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/09/18/rumors-of-asus-made-nexus-10-backed-by-new-retailer-inventory-leak/

Asus has won me over with the n7. They have my support.

Though I'm not planning on getting a larger tablet. Quite smittened with my n7 size.

tbayrgs
Sep 18, 2013, 11:43 PM
I left the 10" form factor after getting an iPad Mini last year--preferred the better portability. I'm trying a Nexus 7 again (LTE model) and so far the touch problems I had previously are absent. I'm still not in love with the 7" display with 16:10 ratio but love that it's more 'pocketable' than the Mini and want the flexibility I've enjoyed using Android on my phone.

I am now considering picking up another 10" tablet but not another iPad. I really want to try the upcoming Note 10.1, primarily for all the functionality offered by the S-Pen and to have multi-window support on a larger display, 2 things I'm certain won't be included in the next iPad and also probably won't be part of the next Nexus 10 either.

appledes7
Sep 19, 2013, 12:00 AM
Good to see some more Nexus related rumors! However, a 10" tablet is not for me. Ever since I sold my MBP in favor of a MBA and sold my iPad in favor of a Nexus 7, a 10" tablet just has no place in my device lineup.

ChazUK
Sep 19, 2013, 02:21 AM
349 seems a reasonable price. Looking forward to seeing some new nexus hardware.

THE JUICEMAN
Sep 19, 2013, 08:52 AM
It seems like the 10" form factor isn't that popular with y'all. I am wondering if I want that size because I do not have a personal laptop. I only have a work laptop, so the bigger screen for me is more appealing. I just felt my N7 was a little on the small side for browsing and watching video compared to the iPad. I don't think portability should be an issue. I figure that is what my phone is for, right?

Oohara
Sep 19, 2013, 09:48 AM
It seems like the 10" form factor isn't that popular with y'all. I am wondering if I want that size because I do not have a personal laptop. I only have a work laptop, so the bigger screen for me is more appealing. I just felt my N7 was a little on the small side for browsing and watching video compared to the iPad. I don't think portability should be an issue. I figure that is what my phone is for, right?

I really want a 10" tablet. I don't see much use for a 7" tablet while also using a Note 2, and a 10" tablet could really take over some of the work tasks I use the laptop for. Primarily proofreading texts and doing online research. For that stuff though, I really want the new S-functionality that Samsung are brushing up with their new releases. Much as I'd love to have a Google tablet, it'll have to be a Note 10.1 for me.

THE JUICEMAN
Sep 19, 2013, 09:55 AM
I really want a 10" tablet. I don't see much use for a 7" tablet while also using a Note 2, and a 10" tablet could really take over some of the work tasks I use the laptop for. Primarily proofreading texts and doing online research. For that stuff though, I really want the new S-functionality that Samsung are brushing up with their new releases. Much as I'd love to have a Google tablet, it'll have to be a Note 10.1 for me.

That's makes sense to me!

Sensamic
Sep 19, 2013, 12:47 PM
I have the Nexus 10 and I can tell you I find it very uncomfortable to use.

10 inches is too big and the 16:10 aspect ratio makes it even worse to use in both landscape and portrait.

In looking now to buy an 8 inch tablet, the perfect size. The LG G Pad will be the first full hd 8 inch tablet. I will wait to try it and see if it's a good option. If not then I'll wait for the next Note 8.0 with better screen.

The Nexus 10 is a great tablet, but too big and uncomfortable to use, specially with games (almost impossible to use), web browsing, PDF reading, etc.

Only good side is watching videos, YouTube...

I want a good 8 inch tablet for gaming, videos, better browsing and mainly to be able to hold it comfortable for long periods of time.

I will be selling my 10 when a good 8 inch comes out. I realised updates are not that important if I can't enjoy my tablet for gaming or web browsing.

I like the Nexus 7. Tried it the other day, but screen is too small for gaming, video, PDF reading and web browsing.

appledes7
Sep 19, 2013, 01:55 PM

I think it just depends on what other devices you use. If you have a big phone and a big laptop, this fits right in the middle. On the other hand if you have a smaller phone (ex. not a Note) and a small-ish laptop, a 10" tablet doesn't fit as well in your device lineup as a 7" tablet would.

THE JUICEMAN
Sep 19, 2013, 02:33 PM
I think it just depends on what other devices you use. If you have a big phone and a big laptop, this fits right in the middle. On the other hand if you have a smaller phone (ex. not a Note) and a small-ish laptop, a 10" tablet doesn't fit as well in your device lineup as a 7" tablet would.

Agreed. I'm going for the Nexus 5 and iPad/N10 combo. I will use the N5 for portability and the tablet for web browsing, netflix, YouTube, feedly and that's about it. Not a big phone gamer so I don't assume I would be a tablet gamer.

----------

I have the Nexus 10 and I can tell you I find it very uncomfortable to use.

10 inches is too big and the 16:10 aspect ratio makes it even worse to use in both landscape and portrait.

In looking now to buy an 8 inch tablet, the perfect size. The LG G Pad will be the first full hd 8 inch tablet. I will wait to try it and see if it's a good option. If not then I'll wait for the next Note 8.0 with better screen.

The Nexus 10 is a great tablet, but too big and uncomfortable to use, specially with games (almost impossible to use), web browsing, PDF reading, etc.

Only good side is watching videos, YouTube...

I want a good 8 inch tablet for gaming, videos, better browsing and mainly to be able to hold it comfortable for long periods of time.

I will be selling my 10 when a good 8 inch comes out. I realised updates are not that important if I can't enjoy my tablet for gaming or web browsing.

I like the Nexus 7. Tried it the other day, but screen is too small for gaming, video, PDF reading and web browsing.

I see a lot of people saying 16:9 isn't their favorite for a tablet but like you mentioned it would be great for any type of video and I wouldn't think reading would be that bad. I guess I'll have to give it a try.