PDA

View Full Version : Clamshell iBook freezing up

LimeiBook86
Nov 27, 2005, 05:40 PM
My Clamshell iBook has been acting funny. (Specs: 466mhz, 320mb RAM, 10gb HD, DVD, FireWire, Special Edition - Mac OS X 10.4) I gave the clamshell to my brother and all of a sudden it's been freezing up for no reason. As soon as I startup the computer a few seconds later the mouse freezes and I can't even force-quit. I don't know what's wrong with it. I guess I should try to re-install Mac OS X. I just hope that there's nothing seriously wrong with it.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

mklos
Nov 27, 2005, 06:19 PM
You can try reinstalling Mac OS X. It could be a bad stick of RAM. RAM can go bad at any time just like anything else. If reinstalling OS X doesn't help, then its mostly likely a hardware issue of some sort. If you still have the hardware test CD, throw that in and run it.

LimeiBook86
Nov 27, 2005, 06:37 PM
You can try reinstalling Mac OS X. It could be a bad stick of RAM. RAM can go bad at any time just like anything else. If reinstalling OS X doesn't help, then its mostly likely a hardware issue of some sort. If you still have the hardware test CD, throw that in and run it.
That's a good idea I should use that CD. If the RAM is bad I have another stick I can swap it for. Thanks again, I'll post later with my results :D