Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
I instantly felt so much better about owning an iPhone. You can feel better right now too. Apple is still signing 6.1.4. Here are simple steps you can take right now to enjoy your device the way it was meant to be.

1. Download appropriate 6.1.4 IPSW file for your device. Direct links from Apple's servers.

http://vipulmb.blogspot.com/2013/06/ios-612-613-and-614-direct-download.html

2. Open iTunes, connect your phone, and put your phone into DFU mode.

3. Once iTunes recognizes your device in Restore mode CTRL+Click Restore on windows or OPTION+Click Restore on mac.

4. Wait 5 minutes for your upgrade back to 6.1.4

5. Enjoy your new upgraded Apple iPhone and know that Steve Jobs is smiling from heaven.

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
I instantly felt so much better about owning an iPhone. You can feel better right now too. Apple is still signing 6.1.4. Here are simple steps you can take right now to enjoy your device the way it was meant to be.

1. Download appropriate 6.1.4 IPSW file for your device. Direct links from Apple's servers.

http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-6.1.4-for-iphone-5-direct-links/

3. Once iTunes recognizes your device in Restore mode CTRL+Click Restore on windows or OPTION+Click Restore on mac.

5. Enjoy your new upgraded Apple iPhone and know that Steve Jobs is smiling from heaven.

I understand what you did, i already downgraded to 6.1.3 on both my iPad mini and iPhone 4, been doing so every single iOS 7 release. But iam willing to update again if the software becomes more pleasant to use and thats a big IF.
I wonder how much adoption rate is iOS 7 going to be

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
I understand what you did, i already downgraded to 6.1.3 on both my iPad mini and iPhone 4, been doing so every single iOS 7 release. But iam willing to update again if the software becomes more pleasant to use and thats a big IF.

I'm glad you are enjoying what me and you tried to initially get away from but then realized that any deviation from perfection is a regressive approach.

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
I'm glad you are enjoying what me and you tried to initially get away from but then realized that any deviation from perfection is a regressive approach.

Thats a nice way to say it. But i gotta ask what drove you away from iOS 7 ?

Tamagotchi

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013

http://vipulmb.blogspot.com/2013/06/ios-612-613-and-614-direct-download.html

Welcome back :) I haven't even updated my Twitter and Facebook app to the new look :) Like I've said before Steve had a lot of taste, and I will remain with iOS6 until my iPhone breaks down.

I would imagine that from those who have a device eligible to upgrade, almost everyone will - there is too much hype, and everyone wants to try the new look. Still, there is going to be a big group of people who will complain. I foresee a new Apple Maps crisis.

Thebertozz

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
I did this too on my 4S, i can't stand the fluorescent icons and the "laziness" of the system compared to ios 6, and it's clear that 7 is really crafted with a 4 inch screen in mind, it feels so cramped on a 3.5 :(

infam0uz

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Wish there was an option to downgrade the Iphone 4 to 6.1.3 since there's not one made specifically on 6.1.4 for the 4.

Luckly i didn't update my 5 either.

Nice feature for those who doesnt like ios7

gogo2

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2013
I did this too on my 4S, i can't stand the fluorescent icons and the "laziness" of the system compared to ios 6, and it's clear that 7 is really crafted with a 4 inch screen in mind, it feels so cramped on a 3.5 :(

Yes true. My iPhone 4 seems like so much shorter.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
I think Apples customer satisfaction ratings for both the iPhone and iPad will end up dropping because of iOS 7.

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
Wish there was an option to downgrade the Iphone 4 to 6.1.3 since there's not one made specifically on 6.1.4 for the 4.

Luckly i didn't update my 5 either.

Nice feature for those who doesnt like ios7

Dude, you can downgrade back on the 4 to 6.1.3

Tamagotchi

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013
Behold! The beauty of iOS6:

MJDVoCc.jpg

zruYcVH.jpg

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
So you can actually downgrade to iOS 6 from iOS 7 without losing any of your data? I mean, can you restore your iOS 7 backup to iOS 6?

infam0uz

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Downgraded back to 6.1.3 On an Iphone 4 Successfully.

So whoever has the 4/4s or 5 and wants to downgrade, seems like 6.1.3-6.1.4 is still hanging on.

Hurry!

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Do note that today will probably be the last day that Apple will sign iOS 6, so if don't like 7 do it now. However I am liking iOS 7.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Clean install to iOS 7, hated it ... as of this posting, downgrading to 6.1.4 via DFU method still works

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
No, you didn't answer my question. A good answer should have been: "I did not that test that so I can't help you with that."

You can downgrade but you cant put an iOS 7 backup on iOS 6, but if you have and iOS 6 backup you can.
Everyone knows that, i just did it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.