Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Hi all!

I use Echofon for tweeting & a couple of weeks ago, I decided to change my twitter username. No biggie right?? Wrong! I changed it on the web, then uninstalled & re-installed echofon & signed in using my new name & thought everything was fine. I have push notifications on for Echofon, which I love, but then I got a notification saying I had a new follower, but it said "so and so is now following" then used my OLD twitter username. I've tried everythign I know of to resolve this, to no avail. Is there something I have to do on settings on the web version of twitter or am I just missing something? This was happening on both iOS 6.1.4 & still on iOS 7. If anyone can think of any solutions, I'd be greatly appreciative!!!

Also, with iOS 7, I had originally chosen to do automatic updates of my apps & that was fine...until I woke up this morning & in the updates section of the App store it shows all the apps that were updated overnight & next to each app it says "open" instead of "install" obviously, but there seems to be no way to clear the apps that have been updated?????

Thanks again for any assistance!!!

Heather

UberMedia

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Hi there,

In the future, would you mind submitting a ticket here, so we'll make sure to see it: https://echofon.tenderapp.com/discussion/new

Here are a few things to try:

Can you try turning push on and off in both your iPhone settings as well as your Echofon settings?

THEN try clearing your cache?:
1. Tap Menu at the top left. (You can jump to the top at anytime by tapping the time at the top center of your phone).
2. Tap Settings at the bottom left.
3. Tap Clear Local Cache.
4. Tap Clear to confirm.

Finally, you should be able to do another uninstall/reinstall if the above steps don't work. It should still work the same way on iOS7 which is that you hard press the Echofon icon on the home screen until an X appears, then press that and finally tap Delete when the pop up appears.

Please keep us posted here: https://echofon.tenderapp.com/discussion/new

Thanks,
Echofon Support Team

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Hi all!
Also, with iOS 7, I had originally chosen to do automatic updates of my apps & that was fine...until I woke up this morning & in the updates section of the App store it shows all the apps that were updated overnight & next to each app it says "open" instead of "install" obviously, but there seems to be no way to clear the apps that have been updated?????

Thanks again for any assistance!!!

Heather

I wont talk about the top issue, since the developer replied here (AWESOME). You don't clear the apps out of updated anymore. It will give you a 30 day history of what's been updated. After that time has passed, the updates will clear themselves from your list.

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts
I wont talk about the top issue, since the developer replied here (AWESOME). You don't clear the apps out of updated anymore. It will give you a 30 day history of what's been updated. After that time has passed, the updates will clear themselves from your list.

Thanks for the reply!!! Much appreciated :)

----------

Hi there,

In the future, would you mind submitting a ticket here, so we'll make sure to see it: https://echofon.tenderapp.com/discussion/new

Here are a few things to try:

Can you try turning push on and off in both your iPhone settings as well as your Echofon settings?

THEN try clearing your cache?:
1. Tap Menu at the top left. (You can jump to the top at anytime by tapping the time at the top center of your phone).
2. Tap Settings at the bottom left.
3. Tap Clear Local Cache.
4. Tap Clear to confirm.

Finally, you should be able to do another uninstall/reinstall if the above steps don't work. It should still work the same way on iOS7 which is that you hard press the Echofon icon on the home screen until an X appears, then press that and finally tap Delete when the pop up appears.

Please keep us posted here: https://echofon.tenderapp.com/discussion/new

Thanks,
Echofon Support Team

Thanks for this!! I have tried the steps above & the issue is still not resolved..I have submitted at link you posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.