Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reinventinglove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2011
Australia
Hi all,
Recently (as in the past 4 days), I've been having trouble sending and receiving iMessages on my Mac (I'm running OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion on a MacBook Pro). I've not had trouble with iMessage before, either on my iPhone or Mac, they've always sent and received quickly and were in sync with each other. However, in the past 4 days, Messages refuses to work on my Mac, either sending or receiving. I've tried to send and receive both text and attachments via email address and phone number, but it just tells me my message has failed to send. Everything still works perfectly on my phone.

I have been able to resolve the issue once by signing out and turning the application off, quitting the app, opening it again, and reenabling it. However, that isn't working this time. Everything is up to date and I've tried everything I can think of: restarting the computer (both with iMessage enabled and turned off), quitting and reopening the app (again, with it both on and off), only using either my phone number or email address, only sending to either an email address or phone number, deleting all message history, and reconnecting to the internet, but nothing seems to work.

Tl;dr: Does anyone have any ideas about what could be preventing iMessages from sending or receiving to and from my Mac?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.