Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
No update for Apple TV for IOS yesterday. Anyone know when this will come.

jeff92k7

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
It will be released when Apple decides to release it.

For the record, Apple has not said that there will be an update for the Apple TV anytime soon. All the reports saying there will be are just speculation. If there is an update and it brings new features, Apple surely would have announced it. Without any announcement from Apple, any update will be minor and will not be noticeable.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
A friendly Reminder: There are already 2 other posts about this here, you might try scrolling down to see if someone else posted this already, and to answer your question, nobody knows, Even the Beta was Pulled from the Developer Web Site.

----------

It will be released when Apple decides to release it.

For the record, Apple has not said that there will be an update for the Apple TV anytime soon. All the reports saying there will be are just speculation. If there is an update and it brings new features, Apple surely would have announced it. Without any announcement from Apple, any update will be minor and will not be noticeable.

Wrong, There was an Apple TV 6.0 Beta 4 on the Apple Developer Web Site, but it was Pulled Yesterday, with the Release of IOS 7.0.

----------

The Apple TV update has to come out before October 5th, that's when Beta 4 Expires.

jeff92k7

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
Wrong, There was an Apple TV 6.0 Beta 4 on the Apple Developer Web Site, but it was Pulled Yesterday, with the Release of IOS 7.0.
----------
The Apple TV update has to come out before October 5th, that's when Beta 4 Expires.

Well, now that's just semantics. They still haven't officially announced an update even with the beta software. Having a beta available doesn't explicitly mean that they are preparing for imminent public release. It just means they are working on a version for the future. Until they announce it or release it, it is still non-existent.

MichaelAngelo68

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Northern California
In the iTunes Store, under iTunes Radio, Apple TV is listed as a participant.

Beats me how that's going to happen without some sort of update to Apple TV.

There's no date. If you want to go off about semantics, you'll do it without me.

MichaelAngelo

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
In the iTunes Store, under iTunes Radio, Apple TV is listed as a participant.

Beats me how that's going to happen without some sort of update to Apple TV.

There's no date. If you want to go off about semantics, you'll do it without me.

MichaelAngelo

I don't see that when in iTunes.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
I don't see that when in iTunes.

Just look on Apple.com. I don't think they would put that there if the update isn't coming soon.

Attachments

• iTunesRadioAppleTV.png
    iTunesRadioAppleTV.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 204
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.