PDA

View Full Version : Sharing videos in photostream

rikscha
Sep 19, 2013, 09:22 AM
I shared 3 videos within three different photostreams which doesn't really work. I can create a photostream that includes video but I cannot play the videos. You press play and it will load infinitely on either iPhone or iPad. It does work when you publish the photostream to a website. Anyone?

Thanks.

LinuxDoc
Sep 19, 2013, 12:48 PM
Same here.. since the iOS 7 GoldenMaster, Videos in Photosteams stops working ;-(

With the last Beta versions it works fine.

leerichards1
Sep 20, 2013, 03:54 PM
Having a similar issue. I've shared a short video to a friend's video stream. It plays fine on my Apple TV (6.0 f/w) and on the iPad where the video originated however he cannot play it on his iPad mini and I cannot play it on my iPhone. All devices on iOS 7.

BSben
Sep 23, 2013, 03:36 PM
Same problem here, it just will never play. We tried different videos, some of them just a few seconds long, but to no success. We are all using iOS7, and none of us can play the videos.

Marty Win
Sep 23, 2013, 03:44 PM
Same here, shame as it is a good feature

BSben
Sep 24, 2013, 06:54 AM
Is there anyone on this forum that made this work somehow?
I would really like this feature, but I just can't find a way to do it.

ne0star
Sep 24, 2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah I can't play shared videos on my iphone or iPad, but they weirdly play fine on my Apple TV since yesterday's update.

cynics
Sep 24, 2013, 02:31 PM
My or shared photostream or both?

I can see why it wouldn't work in "my" photostream ignoring the obvious PHOTOstream but I use "my" photostream as the screen saver on my ATV. Be awkward if videos just started playing however I recognize my ability to remove them from "my" photostream if that was a problem.

Meh, just tossing ideas out there.

----------

Yeah I can't play shared videos on my iphone or iPad, but they weirdly play fine on my Apple TV since yesterday's update.

On this, like I mentioned in my previous post. What happens during the screen saver on your ATV? I never tried it.

Maskusee
Oct 5, 2013, 01:36 PM
I must be confused but I thought that as of iOS 7, all videos (as long as below 5 minutes) will be included in our photostream. I know it works if I share a photostream with someone else, but I mostly use photostream to wirelessly download pics to my Macs.

Was I wrong?