PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] Blocking iMessage/Calls

Mainbeam
Sep 19, 2013, 10:21 AM
Finally we have the ability to block people on iOS7. I have had my private phone number for years and have recently changed jobs to manager. I have a work phone which gets switched off when I get home. The problem I have is people phoning me out of hours with work related calls. I have tested this with my Wife and the block call facility works fine - one ring then it cuts off,(I had nothing on my phone to suggest someone had tried to call me).

The problem I have is I have a MacBook Pro and iPad. When my Wife tested sending an iMessage, it still showed up as delivered.

I have deleted all accounts in iMessage on the MacBook and her number shows up as blocked on the iPad. It still says delivered on her phone though.

This could be awkward in work with people claiming I have ignored their texts.

Anyone have any suggestions of how to rectify this?

I'd like to keep my phone number instead of changing numbers to solve this problem.

Thanks

Paul

portishead
Sep 19, 2013, 10:22 AM
delivered ≠ read. I think you're fine.

Mainbeam
Sep 19, 2013, 11:20 AM
delivered ≠ read. I think you're fine.

Thats not really helpful. Delivered = I may or may not have read the message. Not everyone has 'message read' set up.

portishead
Sep 19, 2013, 01:33 PM
Thats not really helpful. Delivered = I may or may not have read the message. Not everyone has 'message read' set up.

yeah.... good luck getting people to respond to you.

Tyler23
Sep 19, 2013, 01:37 PM

It doesn't change anything on the sender's side. All it does it make it not show up on your phone. It does not prevent the other person from actually sending you a message.