PDA

View Full Version : Love IOS7 except THIS

Iphone5preorder
Sep 19, 2013, 10:22 AM
When I'm on the desktop and swiping to go between my "desktops" or "pages" if you will, I somehow make a swipe motion that brings down the "search iPhone" option.

Any way to disable this option? Who even uses "search iphone"?

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

GoCubsGo
Sep 19, 2013, 10:24 AM
I've never had that issue.
I use the search function.
I don't know how to disable it.

!GS51!
When I'm on the desktop and swiping to go between my "desktops" or "pages" if you will, I somehow make a swipe motion that brings down the "search iPhone" option.

Thanks

There is no way to disable it, but im not sure how your swiping along the pages... never happened to me

portishead
This would have been great for the "stupid questions" thread. Just sayin'.

Paddle1
Sep 19, 2013, 10:25 AM

:eek:

Iphone5preorder
Sep 19, 2013, 10:27 AM

Your post would've been great in the "I have so much time in my life that I'm going to post this ridiculous worthless unhelpful comment in a thread that I think is stupid". :)

psylence2k
Sep 19, 2013, 10:27 AM
never happened to me, I dont know how or why it's happening to you because even when I try to do a "diagonal" swipe it still doesn't do it, I even incline to a almost downward but still diagonal swipe and it still moves the pages fine. Only when I do a straight downward swipe does it bring down the search.

neotope
Sep 19, 2013, 10:28 AM

Thanks

If you swipe down it brings the Search iPhone feature up. When you are swiping left to right you might be moving down a bit. I am sure you will get used to the gestures soon.

eclipse01
Sep 19, 2013, 10:28 AM
I agree, hate it (always have) wish I could disable it. (one thing I miss about jailbreaking)

darngooddesign
Sep 19, 2013, 10:29 AM

Thanks

The only way this happens is if your swipe is more vertical than horizontal. Even an arc that ends vertically won't trigger it.

pelicanflip
Sep 19, 2013, 10:30 AM
Sorry, Spotlight Search does not have an option to be turned off. You can disable certain things from being searched through Spotlight Search (i.e. Contacts, Music, Notes, etc.), but that's about it.

Perhaps you're accidentally activating Spotlight Search by swiping diagonally across the screen? Seems to me that might be what's happening to you.

Iphone5preorder
Sep 19, 2013, 10:30 AM
never happened to me, I dont know how or why it's happening to you because even when I try to do a "diagonal" swipe it still doesn't do it, I even incline to a almost downward but still diagonal swipe and it still moves the pages fine. Only when I do a straight downward swipe does it bring down the search.

When I try to duplicate it on purpose, it doesn't do it but it happens when I'm just using my phone as normal. Grrr. Alright I'll get used to I guess.

/thread

pokenguyen
Sep 19, 2013, 10:32 AM
I never have this problem too. Besides, I use Spotlight A LOT since upgrading to iOS 7. I never used it on iOS 6.:rolleyes:

portishead
Sep 19, 2013, 10:34 AM
Your post would've been great in the "I have so much time in my life that I'm going to post this ridiculous worthless unhelpful comment in a thread that I think is stupid". :)

This coming from the same guy who think Apple is false advertising their storage space because the OS takes up some of it. Riiiiiiiight!

bbfc
Sep 19, 2013, 10:34 AM
When I try to duplicate it on purpose, it doesn't do it but it happens when I'm just using my phone as normal. Grrr. Alright I'll get used to I guess.

/thread

I don't even know how you can do this by mistake.