Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cheap-Chopstix

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2003
in a tree
I have a 1 ghz powerbook w/256mb ram and 32mb nvidia go card... i am thinkin about upgrading the ram but debating how much i should put in it. I mostly use it for school but may start using it more for imovie and garage band... the reason i havent used them is cuz they get too sluggish with 256mb. So i am either goin to get 256mb stick for about 37 bux (canadian) or a 512 stick for 66 bux. is 512 mb stick really worth that much more than adding a 256mb stick? Thanks any input would help.

- i forgot to mention it is the 12inch pbook aluminum version.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Cheap-Chopstix said:
I have a 1 ghz powerbook w/256mb ram and 32mb nvidia go card... i am thinkin about upgrading the ram but debating how much i should put in it. I mostly use it for school but may start using it more for imovie and garage band... the reason i havent used them is cuz they get too sluggish with 256mb. So i am either goin to get 256mb stick for about 37 bux (canadian) or a 512 stick for 66 bux. is 512 mb stick really worth that much more than adding a 256mb stick? Thanks any input would help.

Yes extra memory is always worth it. Always. And I have a 512 stick (I'm assuming this is an aluminum pb not a tibook) that I'll sell you for 66 canadian plus shipping. Was about to put on MR or Craigslist for sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.