PDA

View Full Version : iOS7 Pin Number on Lockscreen

Poloki
Sep 19, 2013, 10:41 AM
Hello,
I just updated my son's iPad mini to iOS7. At some point it asked me for a pin#, which I supplied. I did not realize that the pin would be used to unlock the device.

I would like to remove this, as my son is 3 and was able to open the iPad himself and navigate to the apps he likes. Having a pin on this keeps him from doing this, and he will get upset when he can't get to his apps.

Anyone know how to disable the pin-code?

Thanks

iPusch
Sep 19, 2013, 10:46 AM
Hello,
I just updated my son's iPad mini to iOS7. At some point it asked me for a pin#, which I supplied. I did not realize that the pin would be used to unlock the device.

I would like to remove this, as my son is 3 and was able to open the iPad himself and navigate to the apps he likes. Having a pin on this keeps him from doing this, and he will get upset when he can't get to his apps.

Anyone know how to disable the pin-code?

Thanks

settings -> general -> passcode lock -> (type in passcode) -> turn passcode off

Ste Nova
Sep 19, 2013, 10:47 AM
settings
general
passcode lock

Poloki
Sep 19, 2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks I will try that. Although I looked last night and don't exactly remember seeing that setting... probably just me in my tired stupor.

eclipse01
Sep 19, 2013, 11:03 AM
apparently many ppl missed the "skip this step" when setting up, I have had many ppl near me ask me this already