PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Updates Have Push?

demariners
Sep 19, 2013, 10:52 AM
I turned on my automatic updates option and I am curious if there is supposed to be push notifications when apps are updated? I noticed I had a couple this morning update automatically but no notification. Not sure how else you would know when it updates and what the update changes are.

madsci954
Sep 19, 2013, 10:54 AM
Updates section of the App Store shows what was recently updated.

matttye
Sep 19, 2013, 10:54 AM
I get a notification and they're also listed in the app store.

demariners
Sep 19, 2013, 10:56 AM
I seem to be having issues with notifications in general. Not sure but my notification sync also does not work. If I remove from one device the other device still has it. Any suggestions?

chadf652
Sep 19, 2013, 11:18 AM
Once the apps are updated shouldn't they disappear from the update section in the App Store? I updated Facebook and it still listed in the update section. I know in iOS 6 once you updated the apps it would state "all your apps are up to date" and no longer display the updated apps, has this changed?

Tyler23
Sep 19, 2013, 11:20 AM
Once the apps are updated shouldn't they disappear from the update section in the App Store? I updated Facebook and it still listed in the update section. I know in iOS 6 once you updated the apps it would state "all your apps are up to date" and no longer display the updated apps, has this changed?

They go away after a few weeks or after enough updates. They stay there because of the new auto update option, so you can go in there and see what's been updated and what has changed.

chadf652
Sep 19, 2013, 11:30 AM
They go away after a few weeks or after enough updates. They stay there because of the new auto update option, so you can go in there and see what's been updated and what has changed.

Thanks! 😀