Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hweisber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
After I installed OS X 10.8.5, my MacBook Pro can't access the HP 3055 printer wirelessly - it works ok if do a direct USB connect, but not wirelessly and not if I connect the printer to my AirPort's USB port. HP's web site claims this printer is still compatible with OS X 10.8 (though not for scanning), but Apple's web site is not downloading an appropriate print driver.
Is there any way to get it to work wirelessly?

groove-agent

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2006
Similar Problem

I have same problem with Lexmark X4650. Works great connected via USB but Mountain Lion will not detect it wirelessly. I have a Windows laptop that works perfectly via WiFi. The WiFi setup assistant by Lexmark says it's configured and ready. I can connect to the printer via http.

Been researching online for hours and so far it looks like an Mountain Lion issue. For now I moved the printer near the laptops and have a really long USB cable.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
After I installed OS X 10.8.5, my MacBook Pro can't access the HP 3055 printer wirelessly - it works ok if do a direct USB connect, but not wirelessly and not if I connect the printer to my AirPort's USB port. HP's web site claims this printer is still compatible with OS X 10.8 (though not for scanning), but Apple's web site is not downloading an appropriate print driver.
Is there any way to get it to work wirelessly?

is this one of the printer that needed driver? try updating it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.