PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] How is the performance of iOS 7 iPhone 4?

Husamart
Sep 19, 2013, 11:37 AM
hey,so i was wondering how is it going with ios 7 on your iphone 4 (not 4s)..
well i updated my iphone 4 yesterday and it seemed great! very similar performance to ios 6 just a little more load time in some apps..also the dock seemed transparent and the notification center is also transparent (not as 4s and 5 and not blurred also) so i made this thread just cuz i saw some ppl complaning about serieos lags with iphone 4..so what about you?:apple:

sshhoott
Sep 19, 2013, 02:18 PM
hey,so i was wondering how is it going with ios 7 on your iphone 4 (not 4s)..
well i updated my iphone 4 yesterday and it seemed great! very similar performance to ios 6 just a little more load time in some apps..also the dock seemed transparent and the notification center is also transparent (not as 4s and 5 and not blurred also) so i made this thread just cuz i saw some ppl complaning about serieos lags with iphone 4..so what about you?:apple:

Yes, there are lags on the iphone 4. The frame rate of the animations is simply too low. Here are some scenarios where it's choppy: when exiting multitasking, brining up the control center on the home screen, the animation after "sliding to unlock" and right before entering the passcode, etc... :(

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

ThE.MeSsEnGeR
Sep 19, 2013, 02:54 PM
Yes, there are lags on the iphone 4. The frame rate of the animations is simply too low. Here are some scenarios where it's choppy: when exiting multitasking, brining up the control center on the home screen, the animation after "sliding to unlock" and right before entering the passcode, etc... :(

I second my opinion with this, sadly, but true... I am long overdue a new iPhone. 5S, here I come :cool:

PlanetFree
Sep 19, 2013, 02:56 PM
I love IOS 7 on my iPhone 4 its running better than IOS 6 for me

sshhoott
Sep 20, 2013, 07:26 PM
Interesting read: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/new-lease-on-life-or-death-sentence-ios-7-on-the-iphone-4/