Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liam Steven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
OK, hear me out...

I recently integrated Siri into my "siri-eyes-free" system in the car and have been using it non-stop for the past few weeks. With the introduction of iOS 7 I'm wondering whether it's a step back for UK users?

The new UK voice is not very natural at all and actually sounds worse than the voice supplied with iOS 6.

I've tried both Male and Female versions of the US voice and this is much better and provides a much more natural speaking tone however strangely it cannot pronounce the word "Shuffled", try for yourself, ask Siri to "shuffle music"; this isn't too big an issue...

Is this a step backwards for UK users?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
OK, hear me out...

I recently integrated Siri into my "siri-eyes-free" system in the car and have been using it non-stop for the past few weeks. With the introduction of iOS 7 I'm wondering whether it's a step back for UK users?

The new UK voice is not very natural at all and actually sounds worse than the voice supplied with iOS 6.

I've tried both Male and Female versions of the US voice and this is much better and provides a much more natural speaking tone however strangely it cannot pronounce the word "Shuffled", try for yourself, ask Siri to "shuffle music"; this isn't too big an issue...

Is this a step backwards for UK users?

The new voices will come to UK users in time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.