PDA

View Full Version : Location Services Active?

KaPOWitsCHRIS
Sep 19, 2013, 01:01 PM
So every time I wake my phone I see the little arrow in the top right hand corner. Thing is, apart from Passbook, Siri and Find My iPhone all other location services are turned off. So I don't know what is causing it. I'm only concerned for my battery life LOL.

dylzen
Sep 19, 2013, 02:32 PM
Have you checked System Location Services in the settings?

zepman
Sep 19, 2013, 02:39 PM
Might be some app that does a background app refresh if that setting is on. You can find it under Settings -> General.

TheKrs1
Sep 19, 2013, 02:40 PM
So every time I wake my phone I see the little arrow in the top right hand corner. Thing is, apart from Passbook, Siri and Find My iPhone all other location services are turned off. So I don't know what is causing it. I'm only concerned for my battery life LOL.

Weather is off? Check in system services and see if any of those services are running.

bbfc
Sep 19, 2013, 02:41 PM

I find Passbook to be the main culprit. I turn it off.

C DM
Sep 19, 2013, 02:50 PM
So every time I wake my phone I see the little arrow in the top right hand corner. Thing is, apart from Passbook, Siri and Find My iPhone all other location services are turned off. So I don't know what is causing it. I'm only concerned for my battery life LOL.Have you checked the system services using location?

KaPOWitsCHRIS
Sep 19, 2013, 04:51 PM
All system ones are turned off.

http://i.imgur.com/9U2Mqmt.png

I didn't think it could be Passbook because its not open, but I've turned that off now as well. I'll report back.

TheKrs1
Sep 19, 2013, 04:58 PM
With 1% left, I doubt you will report back soon :-0

dictoresno
Sep 19, 2013, 06:15 PM
i had this same issue since the betas. it turned out its the weather app. even though background refresh was off, every now and then i noticed the gps icon active for about 5 seconds when i woke the phone. it indeed was weather, i caught it in the act so to speak when i checked the actual location services menu. for awhile, i turned weather off in the location menu but never saw a huge difference in drain so i turned it back on.