PDA

View Full Version : Music App Question/Random Art

Martron
Sep 19, 2013, 01:50 PM
My biggest gripe with iOS 7, and from what I've read probably yours too, is the music app. It seems you can no longer select just 1 album under the Artist view?? Has anyone figured out how to do it, if possible?

I did notice what is certainly a glitch, that when you're playing a song you selected in Artist view, you can tap the top right corner for the album tracklist and if you then hit done and go back to the Artist view, it will only play that one album. I guess by viewing the album tracklist, it switches from artist mode to album mode. I'm hoping they correct the Artist view by how it is in Itunes where, like the shuffle on each album (which, it seems, does not work for one album but all songs by the artist, another thread...) you should get a play button for one album, maybe by hitting the album art.

Also speaking of album art, I've noticed the Artist art is really random. For some, it's just the first album I have. For others, it's a stock photo which is nowhere in my collection or it's album art from an album I haven't put on the iphone. Anyone notice this and know what's up with it?

mcclizzle
Sep 19, 2013, 04:24 PM
Let me start off first saying that I really like iOS 7 and really don't have many complaints. That said...the music app is actually annoying me some because of those things you mentioned. I'm kind of OCD about the organization of my music and actually spend quite a bit of time making sure everything is how I like it, which includes putting specific album art on each of my artists. So now that the iPhone apparently puts random artwork for my artists, I'm frustrated to no end, especially for the fact that some artists don't actually have the correct picture (guy picture instead of a girl, etc).

My other gripe would be that it is harder to just select a specific album to play from an artist. I have found that if you search specifically for that album, you can have it play over and over. However, it seems like this should be more easy than that. I understand the need for a face lift, but some of the music app's functionality has disappeared for no clear reason.