PDA

View Full Version : ios7 Camera Change

aaronrs7
Sep 19, 2013, 02:16 PM
In the default camera app I used to hold the shutter button down, tap to focus, then slowly slide my finger off to take the shot. This was a great technique to minimize camera shake in low light. Now in ios7, it just starts taking photos in rapid fire mode. Was just wondering if anyone knows if this can be changed back to the way it was in ios6.

AlecEdworthy
Sep 19, 2013, 02:20 PM
In the default camera app I used to hold the shutter button down, tap to focus, then slowly slide my finger off to take the shot. This was a great technique to minimize camera shake in low light. Now in ios7, it just starts taking photos in rapid fire mode. Was just wondering if anyone knows if this can be changed back to the way it was in ios6.

I really really, REALLY hope it can be disabled. This is the most annoying change in iOS 7 for me.

Alec

Tyler23
Sep 19, 2013, 02:21 PM

I really really, REALLY hope it can be disabled. This is the most annoying change in iOS 7 for me.

Alec

It cannot be disabled.

aaronrs7
Sep 19, 2013, 02:51 PM
Oh and one other thing. I have been reading over and over about an ios7 feature that lets to refocus your shot when you hold one of the volume buttons down. I have tried the up and down button and it just starts with the rapid fire craziness again. Maybe they got rid of this feature last minute or something. Its posted on so many sites. I really hope that this starts working because a actual focus button sounds great.

C DM
Sep 19, 2013, 03:07 PM
Oh and one other thing. I have been reading over and over about an ios7 feature that lets to refocus your shot when you hold one of the volume buttons down. I have tried the up and down button and it just starts with the rapid fire craziness again. Maybe they got rid of this feature last minute or something. Its posted on so many sites. I really hope that this starts working because a actual focus button sounds great.Doesn't seem like that would work since holding down a volume button (the volume up button specifically) will now just take photos. Not sure what those sites might be referring to (aside from perhaps old functionality that was removed when the "burst mode" was added in the iOS 7 GM).