PDA

View Full Version : Who wants optional background colors?

Macalway
Sep 19, 2013, 02:21 PM
Or, to be more precise, just color, as white doesn't qualify.

And while they are at it...have alternatives to the psychedelia. I'm a total freak, but have limits.

fmalloy
Sep 19, 2013, 02:24 PM
Or, to be more precise, just color, as white doesn't qualify.

And while they are at it...have alternatives to the psychedelia. I'm a total freak, but have limits.
Completely agree. Would love more customization. But, that's not Apple. It's their way or the highway. Any customization they graciously give you is done grudgingly.

Macalway
Sep 19, 2013, 02:27 PM
Completely agree. Would love more customization. But, that's not Apple. It's their way or the highway. Any customization they graciously give you is done grudgingly.

Not sure. They know this thing is weird. There's going to be concessions.

GimmeSlack12
Sep 19, 2013, 02:28 PM
Why not just make your own? Depending on your device just figure out what the resolution is, make a new file that size and put the color you want. I'll be happy to explain further if you're not totally sure the process of these steps.

Email it to yourself or put it in Dropbox to upload to your device and voila!

Lucille Carter
Sep 19, 2013, 02:28 PM
I vote yes. I did find that I needed to turn the brightness down a notch and changed to BOLD text, that made a huge difference.

I would like to see a palate that we could choose from.

I can live with this and love 7 alot. I am beting that Apple will do some nice tweaks in the weeks/monhs to come.

Macalway
Sep 19, 2013, 02:29 PM
Why not just make your own? Depending on your device just figure out what the resolution is, make a new file that size and put the color you want. I'll be happy to explain further if you're not totally sure the process of these steps.

My hero :)

But I don't even know you. Sounds.....personal :o

GimmeSlack12
Sep 19, 2013, 02:34 PM
See attached. This if for an iPad 3+. I call it "Polar Bear White".

fmalloy
Sep 19, 2013, 03:28 PM

Fine for wallpaper, but you can't make your own backgrounds for the blinding white apps (Calendar, Music, Notes...)

Am I missing something?

GimmeSlack12
Sep 19, 2013, 05:18 PM
Am I missing something?

I thought we were only talking about wallpapers. OP doesn't mention anything about the background colors of apps do they?

Carlanga
Sep 19, 2013, 05:19 PM
I thought we were only talking about wallpapers. OP doesn't mention anything about the background colors of apps do they?

I think he/she meant app background colors, never mentioned wallpapers.