PDA

View Full Version : Text message search function STILL horrifically horrible

Iphone5preorder
Sep 19, 2013, 03:11 PM
Why why why? When are they going to figure out how to make this work? Let me explain.

Let's say you have a message you are looking for and you've had 300 messages with that person since, when you search, it shows the word you are looking for and basically gives you a "preview" of that convo.

But if you want to read that convo, you have to go to that convo and hit "load earlier messages" forever until you finally get there. WHY on earth hasn't apple fixed this? It should take you to the convo when it finds the word, or at least give you the option.

I know I'm not the only one. It really is mind boggling it's still like this. Can you imagine if the email search function worked the same way? Hell no, because its ridiculous!

Any thoughts?

eclipse01
Sep 19, 2013, 03:12 PM
Why why why? When are they going to figure out how to make this work? Let me explain.

Let's say you have a message you are looking for and you've had 300 messages with that person since, when you search, it shows the word you are looking for and basically gives you a "preview" of that convo.

But if you want to read that convo, you have to go to that convo and hit "load earlier messages" forever until you finally get there. WHY on earth hasn't apple fixed this? It should take you to the convo when it finds the word, or at least give you the option.

I know I'm not the only one. It really is mind boggling it's still like this. Can you imagine if the email search function worked the same way? Hell no, because its ridiculous!

Any thoughts?

ugh, your topic make me think they somewhat added this feature.

Yes I agree!

WordMasterRice
Sep 19, 2013, 03:13 PM
I agree, if I am searching for something in a text message and click on it, odds are I want to see what I was searching for. In some cases I have thousands and thousands of messages to go through in a thread to find what I'm looking for.